Password

Old 08-06-2003, 06:19 AM   #1
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan
Default Patch Message 6h August

August 6, 2003
------------------------------

Note: Some internal data restructuring created a delay in the introduction of the new platinum slot in the shared bank and the new text filters. We will bring those to the Live servers as soon as we can.

** New Adventure in Lavastorm! **

In the depths of the Lavastorm Mountains there is only one ruler. But even his burning breath and power have their limits. Rumor has it that there is wealth and danger in locations even further below the boiling lands than Lord Nagafen can reach. These tales have been spreading like ripples on a calm lake, and their point of origin appears to be an upstart barbarian named Morden. Some say that he's already delved these fabled caverns and taken what there was of value. Other say that he couldn't have carried it all off by himself. But most say that he's a rogue, a teller of tales, and not to be trusted. Will you discover the truth and brave the heat, or will you sit beside your cozy campfire and listen to stories?

This new adventure zone will only be around for a while, so you may want to visit soon.

** Spells **

- Summoned Burning Affliction focus items added - Mages have four new spells, Summon Wooden Bracelet, Summon Stone Bracelet, Summon Iron Bracelet, and Summon Steel Bracelet. The bracelets summoned provide the Burning Affliction effect for DoT spells.

- Summoned container spells updated - The Quiver of Marr, Bandoleer of Luclin and the Pouch of Quellious now appear filled with the appropriate item (for example, the Quiver of Marr now appears with six stacks of arrows). Also, these items should all be exactly the same, so the quiver function should work properly.

- Mass Enchant spells corrected - The mass enchant spells for Adamantite, Brellium, Mithril and Steel now create the 5 enchanted blocks that they should.

- Illusion: Guktan is available - This is an illusion spell for the new Froglok models.

- Illusion: Scaled Wolf is available - This is an illusion spell for the Scaled Wolf seen in Kunark.

- Tiny Companion - The spell scroll for this spell is no longer No Drop.

- Dooming Darkness no longer overwrites Cascading Darkness.

** Items **

- Moss Covered Hood - This item can now be equipped by all classes.

- Silk String - This item is now stackable.

** Trade Skills **

- New Fletching recipes added - We've added several new Karana-only fletching recipes to help round out that skill.

** Quests and Zones **

- Halls of Betrayal - Corrected an error with some of the quest item drops in this zone.

- Plane of Time - The events in Plane of Time B now remember the progress your raid has made through the zone when you leave and will restore you to the same state when you return.

- Kagazz will respond when you ask him about fasteners.

- Experience in city zones updated - Some time around the release of Planes of Power we reduced the experience gain in some city zones. Tthe experience gained from quests in those zone has been increased.

- Ogre newbie quests - Added a weapon quest for young ogres.

- Iksar Necromancer Spell Vendors - The Iksar necromancer spell vendors have moved and are a lot closer to the necromancer guild. This should make it easier for new necromancers to find these vendors and will hopefully boost their sales.

** Miscellaneous **

- Spell book bug - Corrected a bug that was causing characters to be randomly forced to stand up when in their spell book.

- Client crash information - If your game crashes on the client side, a dialogue box will come up asking if you'd like to send us the information about the crash. This information may help us pinpoint problems and make it easier to fix them. Only information relevant to the crash, your character name, server name and the zone you were in will be sent.

** Fan Faire **

Chicago Fan Faire is sneaking up on us! The Chicago event will be held September 26-28th, and the last day to guarantee your spot at the event by pre-registering is September 8th. To reserve your spot and pre-register, or to simply get more information, please go to www.everquest.com/fanfaire. See you in Chicago!

July 24, 2003
------------------------------

EverQuest Evolution now available for pre-order!

EverQuest: Evolution is the ultimate collection of EQ expansions!

EverQuest Classic
The Ruins of Kunark expansion
The Scars of Velious expansion
The Shadows of Luclin expansion
The Planes of Power expansion
The Legacy of Ykesha extension

Come visit our online store at https://store.station.sony.com and pre-order your copy.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 07:19 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Note: Some internal data restructuring created a delay in the introduction of the new platinum slot in the shared bank and the new text filters. We will bring those to the Live servers as soon as we can.

Just emphasizing that portion of the message so folks know why there isn't a UI Changes post by me.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #3
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

read below..

Last edited by kenney : 08-06-2003 at 10:52 AM.
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Well actually sc2kmayor said in his post on 8/4:
Quote:
Unfortuantely Absor has reneged on the PP slot at least for this patch....the eqlive message has been updated to indicate no code changes will be taking place.

So there was at least a few more than a days notice...

(to see his original post Click here)

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:49 AM   #5
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

I was a little harsh in saying no word at all plus i cant read every site there is on eq.. plus aint it just like um tho??

Plus why wasnt this done the same time the shared slots where put in ?? theres no resson why..

And before anyone gets Po'ed at what i say about Sony, I use to work for them so i have the right... " not in game making "
Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 AM   #6
Madmardeggan
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Bristlebane

Who would get mad about a little SOE bashing. This is a company that says:

Expected downtime of 3 hours....blah blah blah.

Then it usually turns out to be 3 times that. I have heard it said before, they should say expected downtime of 12 hours then we will think that they are gods for getting it back up in 7. Whatever though what are you going to do.

One thing about the message I want to point out:

Quote:
EverQuest Evolution now available for pre-order!

EverQuest: Evolution is the ultimate collection of EQ expansions!

EverQuest Classic
The Ruins of Kunark expansion
The Scars of Velious expansion
The Shadows of Luclin expansion
The Planes of Power expansion
The Legacy of Ykesha extension

How cheap is Sony? They do this before every expansion. They release a bundle package with every expansion except the one that is coming! I mean if someone is going to be nice enough to buy the game and EVERY expansion at the same time you can't even pass along the coming LDoN? Pretty cheap for a mutli-billion dollar company.

I don't nor would I work for Sony so if that means I can go off on a company that I have paid a lot of money too, well then flame away!

Oh and Sony DVD players suck at least EQ has been more reliable than my Sony DVD players (yes plural meaning the 3 I have all suck).

Ah nice rant I feel better.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Quote:
Plus why wasnt this done the same time the shared slots where put in ?? theres no resson why..

It's for the same reason they didn't add them in this patch: data structure. Your account save files have to have a data entry spot for that sahred platinum slot which has yet to be added. Every time they expand capacity for items it means more wasted save file space for them. At least they planned ahead: each world server has a terrabyte storage device for character files. I don't expect them to run out of space soon...

Quote:
Expected downtime of 3 hours....blah blah blah.

Downtimes used to be MUCH longer. I am glad they patch at 3 am and are done by the morning. It didn't used to be this way. This means they have employees there at 3 in the morning setting everything up! I for one would not like that job.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
Madmardeggan
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Bristlebane

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Downtimes used to be MUCH longer.

The point is that they say three hours and it usually ends up being 7. I think they give themselves more credit then they deserve when they do that. Just give a real estimate don't try to sugar coat it for me that just causes more frustration.
Madmardeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:07 PM   #9
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Nothing more than the early days of EQ when they said it would be down for 6 and was down for 12 or even the whole day... ahhh the memories.
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 01:07 AM   #10
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

yeah those where the days hehe..