User Name
Password

Old 06-07-2004, 05:15 PM   #16
Lazaru5
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken

- Issues with item augmenetations
[ You have to decide really carefully where you wanna stick your augment. If you screw up, you screw up. Don't give idiots an easy way out ]

I think the main reason this was even brought up was because of equipment upgrades.

As you progress in the game, it's pretty inevitable to swap out a piece of your gear for something else with much better stats. However, perhaps that piece you swapped out is augmented with an augment that you would rather not lose.

I know I know, you're probably saying to yourself "just go adventuring again and get another one to replace it!" Granted, I haven't done too much adventuring since LDoN came out, but I've done enough to know that some augments aren't as common as others.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be able to 'recycle' an augmentation I may have instead of having to try to go replace it by having to go through another raid and HOPE to win the augmentation again.

That's my 1/2cp ( too poor to afford the full 2cp :P ) on the matter
/shrug
Old 06-07-2004, 05:59 PM   #17
toptek123
A Gray Wolf

Server: drizzil ro
Default very well said

VERY WELL SAID . LETS JUST WAIT AND SEE THEN IF ITS NOT. RIGHT THEN POST A WAY. /AGREE
toptek123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:18 PM   #18
mystio
A Fire Beetle

I have to agree with augment recycling and having solo adventures. I have very limited time to play and every augment i have is very precious. Solo adventures would just be awsome, so I don't have to sit for an hour trying to get a group and hope i can get done quickly or be very sleepy the next day.
mystio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:43 AM   #19
Beldon_Ak'Aziel
A Bat

Server: Tunare

Basically confirming what Kudane posted.

Keep in mind it would be easy to spend 8 hours a day for 2 weeks or more discussing all the various issues and ideas for improving Everquest. It's very easy as an individual to view the game in "tunnel vision", but the purpose of this summit was to take a look at the big picture. I know in our sessions we tried very hard to stay away from discussing class balancing and class specific issues.

I think most of us came away with a pretty good feeling about what will happen moving forward. SoE has made it very clear that they want to keep the communication flow going beyond just this past weekend. Everyone needs to understand that the developers work very hard and take the game very seriously, they are all players as well. They put in many more hours than most of the rest of us probably do on our own jobs. Have some patience and see how things go from here. Not every issue and idea is going to be implemented in the first week, but I think you'll see positive changes happen for the game as a whole, not just the uber guild content.
Beldon_Ak'Aziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #20
Wylari
A Hill Giant

Thumbs up

I forgot to say this in the previous post but I love the idea of a solo LDoN. It would be really great to do something while waiting for a group. I mean you can just shop the bazaar, go merchant hunting before you just get bored.

So yes to solo LDoN its got my vote.

Wylari
Wylari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #21
Upper
A Fire Beetle

Yes, I am jumping in late in the discussion...

Quote:
- Oh yeah how about the poor MACINTOSH players who got ripped off?
[ You're hearing about something that just got major attention for no reason. It doesn't concern you so don't waste your time mentioning it ]

That's just depressing.

Would it concern you if SOE decided to stop maintaining a PC based server you don't play on?

Would it concern you if SOE decided to stop maintaining a PC based server you DO play on?

We pay the same monthly fee as you and are happy and content with less content.

I think I speak for most on Al'Kabor in thanking the larger (much much larger) PC EQ community for sticking up for us lately. We felt we were getting hosed and a big chunk of the EQ community perhaps saw that SOE was screwing over a server.

But since it is a server you can't play on it doesn't affect you?

Ok, 'nuff ranting from me. 'tis late and I need a beer.

Thanks for the support.

I for one am happy with the news from the summit.
Upper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #22
raintype17
A Bat

Quote:
- Oh yeah how about the poor MACINTOSH players who got ripped off?
[ You're hearing about something that just got major attention for no reason. It doesn't concern you so don't waste your time mentioning it ]

Thank you so much for letting us feel the community of the PC players -- we differ by merely OS, as we're playing in the same encounters with the same classes, races, and spells as you are and we bought the game from the same company. But you're right, it's a different OS so we are completely irrelevent to you.

Just in case this ever comes to a server near you (why do I feel moved to include that quote of "first they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I didn't speak up"?), however, let me give you some warnings about what these "no reasons" were:

- This time last year when we did have server reboots for changes (none of which ever worked other than breaking HSM completely), never any warning, server motd, note on the server control panel, etc.

- When Hollowshade Moor was completely broken, you could not zone out of it without a port. The GM flat refused to put a server motd in warning players of this. We still don't know how many new Vah Shir quit because they zoned out on the wrong side.

- No GM, period, for months at a time. Ever. You died due to a bug? Tough. An item poofed when you were rezzed? Oh well (yep -- happens not infrequently to us. sucks too.)

- Known problems since beta with 90% of the content of a major expansion we paid for (PoP) with no effort made to fix it: we levelled to 65 without 63+ spells and with only PoI/PoN/PoD/PoJ. Our game is over after VT, despite PoP being advertised on the box.

- Lies from our TSR's that there was a patch in the works, uncovered only when someone managed to get high up enough in SOE CS to get an offficial "Errr, no, we decided not to do anything about that ages ago" statement

- Hell I probably missed a bunch of stuff too. We're so used to it all by now...

When we got that letter, we used it and the already existing community efforts to try to bring the state of Al`Kabor to the attention of someone -- anyone, as we've grown fond of our raids on Tormax and Xanamech and would like to see Quarm some day.

Based on the information from the summit, we will be getting that. Last night we saw the first actual step that SOE has taken in about 8-10 months on our server: they took a brief outage to finally attach a test server to test changes.

Damn, sorry for wasting bandwidth on something irrelevent. BTW -- someone should delete the Macintosh UI section here...

(Psst -- thanks to all those out there, especially Woody of GUComics, our own Khama, the folks at Caster's Realm, the poster at slashdot, and everyone else who helped get this out there so we could get a chance to play the game we paid for!)
raintype17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM   #23
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by raintype17
Damn, sorry for wasting bandwidth on something irrelevent. BTW -- someone should delete the Macintosh UI section here...

And why, precisely, should EQInterface delete that forum? You haven't seen us declaring that the Mac OS shouldn't be supported, have you? Don't make the mistake that so many do, which is to take the comments of a few and apply it to everyone. That's not fair.

I've just gone back through the thread to verify that which I already know to be true, and that would be that not a single comment has been made by anyone who is responsible for this site (Kudane, Dolby, myself, Sokol, Lueamdar, Khama) to indicate that we don't support Mac OS users.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-08-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:08 PM   #24
Upper
A Fire Beetle

No offense meant by Kyth, I'm sure. We appreciate all of your help. My statements, and Kyth's I assume, were only in relation to the quote, not in any way directed at the whole.

Part of my first post was intended as a big THANK YOU.

so, Thanks
Upper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #25
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby
Well I'm waiting a couple weeks before I come to any conclusion of how well the summit went.

So far the people that went to it sure got the impression things were going to improve. Only time will tell.

Agreed:

Only Time Well Tell. This should be very Interesting !

danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:45 AM   #26
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Went to SOE today (Tues)

Was told that the list that I linked above is seriously a scratch on the surface of what they collected. SOE took more than 40 pages of notes (that means they stopped counting at 40). And they are working on Collating them into some order, and combining duplicate items.

They plan on posting a full list on EQLive along with a possible time frame, solution, and priority. But they said it could take till next week to get that all together.

Sooo please be patient a little longer, and we will get you some info!

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #27
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I think people have to remember that everything you say is good and well, but those are still just opinions, and some opinions don't sit well with others.

One thing I'm seeing to notice though... sure these changes 'are' cool... but a select few of them just seem to be added because people are just getting lazy IMO.

I WANT this, or i NEED that... way too much of it. I think if they're trying to do something good for us in a whole, let them do it, and see how it turns out first. I personally could give less about your prophesies about how you think everything is for the worse.
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:20 PM   #28
Vemanos
A Hill Giant

Server: Maelin Starypyre
Default Well...

some of it seemed sorta like I found myself scratching my head asking questions like HUH? What do they mean? But what I did understand and did like was Solo LDON that sounds fun and I also think Augs and nice drops should be on those just not AS good as a Group LDON but still..and I dont understand this part so someone explain it to me please. There getting rid of Plane of Time or closing it or what I didnt understand that?? I mean why would you get rid of Plane of Times.... get rid of GoD stuff mehbay...
Old 06-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #29
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Default Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vemanos
/snip
and I dont understand this part so someone explain it to me please. There getting rid of Plane of Time or closing it or what I didnt understand that?? I mean why would you get rid of Plane of Times.... get rid of GoD stuff mehbay...

The way I understand it is that areas of Plane of Time can only have 1 raid in them (kind of similair to LDoN, can only have your group/raid in that zone.) The big difference is that Time is not instanced. This means that Guild A enters the zone with their raid force, thus preventing Guild B from entering for 4 hours (the amount of time that Guild A has to complete the raid.) This is not necessarily a big deal *if* Guild A was doing this for legitimate reasons and stayed in the zone for the 4 hours. Apperently what has been happening is that Random_Guild_01 was entering Time for the sole purpose of preventing Random_Guild_02 from entering (ie they would enter, start the 4 hour clock and then leave.) I could be (and probably am) totally incorrect on this, if so someone please straighten me out on what the heck was being discussed when this was brought up.

Weskat
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:56 PM   #30
Vemanos
A Hill Giant

Server: Maelin Starypyre
Default Well...

that makes sense so I wouldnt doubt it I personally thought that if you had the key to time anyone could go in.. not just a certain guild or whatever.
Vemanos is offline   Reply With Quote