Password

Old 10-15-2002, 04:51 PM   #16
kaherashadowwol
A Snow Griffin

Server: bertox
Default 48hours summary

eq and sex the only thing they are missing is the beer

"mischievous child" My personality response from mutedfaith.com
Yeah, yeah, I don't buy the cute and innocent look. You're a curious creature by nature, and your curiosity often gets you into trouble. Although you might look like a perfect, angelic eight-yeah-old, inside lies the heart of a 200year old dragon. Or something equally disturbing, Either way, I don't trust you.
Kahera Shadowwolf (soon to be)
42nd wintered season (44th)
Shaman of Bertox
kaherashadowwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:54 PM   #17
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Having sex while playing EQ and drinking a beer. What could be better
Old 10-15-2002, 05:01 PM   #18
kaherashadowwol
A Snow Griffin

Server: bertox
Default gonna leave that alone

Think the way this is going it could start to get a little bad don't need to hear bout 1h typing eq players just a little to much there. lol. But seriously I don't understand why the media wants to put so much emphasis on a game. I remember when doom i believe it was came out they had a problem that is was to gory. Now, the game producers and i'm talking bout x-box, ps2 and so on are coming out with Dave Mira xxx, where the whole goal is to save money to go to a strip club and they show actually footage or something couldn't tell upon screen shots in a mag i seen. But the blame is on eq? We have games where you can assassinate Sadaam Hussein or you can be a soldier during WW2 and kill Nazi troops. I just hope 48 hours does a good job in their investigation so to say and don't leave out that more and more kids i'm sure are going whats a tv when they aren't realizing that the square shaped object they stare at 24/7 actually shows real people not computer animated. Where does it end?
kaherashadowwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:25 PM   #19
Kyle Colussi
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev
Post Shawn Woolley

I have done a copyed from CNN a while ago when he died there story here it is below. Sorry if its messed up, e-mail me if it is.
I have to do it
Post1-page1
post2-page2
post3-page3
post4-page4
post4-pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shawn.jpg (52.8 KB, 41 views)
Kyle Colussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 PM   #20
Earthscum
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Earthscum Send a message via Yahoo to Earthscum

I remember reading an article about (Stryker?) the guy who killed himself over EQ. I tried to find the article to save for permanence and could never find it again... but anyways, it told the whole story. The guy was on medications to begin with and it was suspected that he had quit them and was being antisocial before his death. The article was against EQ, but gave more info to support that the guy had serious problems before he did that. I believe that people were saying that he had reclused to his room for 2 weeks prior, etc etc. For some reason, all that info has dissappeared... Sounds like another Mathew Shepard case to me! (I live in Laramie... grew up here. Believe me, noone got the real story. Kenny was approached by Matt's parents who said they would let him only get life instead of death sentence if he kept his mouth shut, plus a bunch of other stuff... Matt actually was instigating a fight as well.)

Also, talk about some pre-existing mental problems, there was a guy who let his friggin 2year old die because of neglect... yep, it was blamed on EQ as well.

And what about the guy who KNEW he was prone to epileptic seizures and played EQ anyways? yeah... that's the one that got the warning about seizures put on your screen.

Yeah, EQ is addictive... and I believe, sadly enough, that there's alot of people who are antisocial and depressed and hate people that use EQ as a virtual society. Yes, that's right... when they get mad and can't deal with the other people, they can just log off. Sounds reasonable, but when those people kill themselves because they can't even deal with a 'virtual society', EQ gets the brunt.

You know what? I'm willing to bet that EQ has done more to keep kids off the streets on friday nights than the Boys Club has. And how many people would probably just sit with 20 chat room windows open if they weren't playing EQ? And how many people have found some kind of new hope or inspiration attributed to EQ? I BET THEY WON'T MENTION THAT, WILL THEY?!?

Yep, you're right... Ozzy, Judas Priest, and D&D all over again. Super nintendo never got blamed for us ditching school when super mario 3 came out, did it? Yeah... we spent just as much time on that damn grey box as I do on EQ now! My god... if I could've logged the hours I spent on Super Sprint...

I gotta stop now... I'll fill up a whole page with this... just gets to me in a bad way.

/rant off
Old 10-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #21
TallenorOoD
A Ghoul

Server: xev

personally I'll be playing EQ when it comes on and will probably miss the show.

Tallenor
TallenorOoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #22
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

Honestly..... /sigh. Let's see.... I quit playing EQ (only jump online to finish my Beastlord UI as was desperately requested from several people). But yep, definitely have to watch out for "being addicted" to EQ... I might get some sort of wierd withdrawls..... yea, right.

Magelo
Guild Website
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #23
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

my playing pattern is - play 8 month quit for 18 months... on my third cycle now. maybe that's why my main is only lvl 52 after nearly 3 yrs.

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #24
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Its time for finger pointing again...

Okay this is starting to get annoying... but its part of the whole finger-pointing-Ive-gotta-blame-something-cause-it-can't-be-me/us/or anything else you can put in that section thing...

Pre-1950 It was certain books like To kill a mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye (though it was published in 1951)..
1950-1980 It was rock and roll along with heavy metal (though that war is still going on)
1980-1990 It was Dungeons and Dragons and video arcade and home arcade systems (though that war is still going on also)
1991-2002 Computer games starting with Castle Wolfenstein and DOOM.

It only goes to show that if there isn't anything on the market that the people can point thier fingers at, then there's nothing for them to blame the poor state of society. Remember, in their eyes.. its always the fun things in life that is why society is going downhill.

and its a shame I cant get CBS.. would like to see what crap they sling... Like the last show they did with "Wolves vs Ranchers" episode.. talk about a mistake show there, they only did one persons side of the story.. made headlines because the Interviewer had to make a public apology.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:50 PM   #25
Earthscum
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Earthscum Send a message via Yahoo to Earthscum

lol... addict? Possibly... yes.
Started playing right before Kunark release... here's a list of all characters I've ever had:

<can't remember name> Barb War, L2
Quesarr Darkart, Iksar SK, L32
Verflixt Darkart, Iksar SK, L37
Leger, Iksar Shammy, L19
Sssissy Lallaa (main now), Iksar Necro, L41
Bomms (A'Way), DE Wizzy, L5

Now... if I was as addicted as some people try to claim, I would've had Ver and Sssissy to L60, and my Leger on the way, plus my wizzy to porting levels by now.

Again, been playing since right before Kunark release (about 2 years+?). I know people that have stayed up on EQ for like a week just so they could play high end game the rest of the time...Let's call it Dedication, not Addiction! lol!
Earthscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:28 PM   #26
Bitton
A Snow Cougar

Default Re: The "American" way

Quote:
Originally posted by Thangor
Except "Iron Chef"... because that show rocks...

I love that show!

It is incredible how many ways there are to prepare Eeel and fish bladder
Bitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:29 PM   #27
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

wow and I am SO glad I am done with dinner
Old 10-15-2002, 10:53 PM   #28
Odaku
A Treant

My name is Odaku....and I am an Eq-Hollic.....No matter how much I complain I can't seem to quit the game for more than a week..not matter how much they nerf or how much I die...I keep coming back...call it addiction or a good product...I'm not sure which.
Odaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 12:28 PM   #29
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Old 10-19-2002, 02:22 PM   #30
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Hmmmm interesting...

Well finally viewed it (Thanks tadashya). All I can say is... yes it can be addictive, but it takes your own mindset to judge when enough is enough. And if you are the ones who are easily addicted to such stimuli, then you should take a step back and review your level of enough. Yeah its too bad what happened to that guy, but there was probably other extenuating circumstances that we, the public, will never know. As it went with him when he died. If the game wasn't around it would of been something else, like say... the chat rooms or other games which you take on another persona. All in all, for most its just a game. But for others its their life, and maybe they should reevaluate theirs if it comes to this.

Zantaklawz

<sidenote> The guy they interviewed in the 'addiction anon' looks 99% like my wife's cousin! Gads!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote