Password

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #16
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Let me clear a few things up.

SOE didn't lie about the minimum requirements... the minimum requirements is just that... minimum.. it is whats required to be able to get into the game, and play..

will this deal for 399.00 allow you to raid the planes of powers with 60 guildies with all models on... of course not. but it will allow you to get upgrade from your Athlon 1 gig, or Athlon 1200, to a machine that is nearly twice as fast.

But if what your looking to do is have an entirely 2nd machine, for a spouse, child, in-law, cousin, room-mate, 4th cousin or your uncls college room-mate (ok that might be rare), then add in the extra video card, and the extra sound.. thats a total of 65.00 (50 for video and 15 for sound).

Erik has already watch the feedback and talked to some people who have contacted him and lowered the OS price to be competitive with the outside market.. How many places do you know that will actually listen to your comments and offer to keep listening.. and still offer really great deals to you.

The bottom line is, if you think it's a good deal then take advantage of it, if you don't think its a good deal, then don't worry about it, go on down the road and enjoy your day.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 05:44 PM   #17
ElvenBlade
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to ElvenBlade

Quote:
Originally posted by Biddin
Everyone knows SOE lies about the minimum requirements lol

heh no joke... I run on a Pentium 2 400mghz, close to 400 Mb's of ram... Ge-Force 256, and EQ runs fine
ElvenBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #18
Jadn
A Treant

Well, im currently running 98 and I think I'd rather update to XP then try to copy it over, and I dont have a disc with windows on it, just certain files not the whole thing. Still weighing this on my mind as it does seem like a great deal!

EDIT: BTW, yes SOE lies about minimum requirements.....currently running a 233 mhz with 124 MB RAM 4 gig HD and running all expansions.....this computer would quadruple my current station. ****, just being able to have the clip plane over 0% and 1 model on and having spell effects on would make my day
Jadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 06:33 PM   #19
Jadn
A Treant

I gots another question, is the case the http://www.skyhawkusa.com/galaxy_case.htm or the http://www.skyhawkusa.com/psr4616b7.htm and if it isnt the LX is there an upgrade you can get for it? I want da pimp lights dat changes colors!
Jadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:15 PM   #20
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jadn
I gots another question, is the case the http://www.skyhawkusa.com/galaxy_case.htm or the http://www.skyhawkusa.com/psr4616b7.htm and if it isnt the LX is there an upgrade you can get for it? I want da pimp lights dat changes colors!

I believe Erik told me that had ordered the one with the changing lights.. i am sure if you contact him that he would be MORE than happy to make sure that its the right case.

The guys over at DaerPC have always done me right. So don't be afraid to email them with questions. they are glad to answer questions.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #21
kopiwar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Povar

ok, so when does this promo end?
kopiwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #22
catliana
A Fire Beetle

Server: stormhammer

i'd really like to know when this ends as i would love to upgrade my husband's computer as a surprise for when he comes home. we both play eq and he has a lot more lag issues than i do
catliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #23
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by kopiwar
ok, so when does this promo end?

Erik and I discussed a small box on the front of EQinterface.com In exchange for the upgrade offer on the ram he agreed to keep the promo going for at least 90 days (sooo about the end of May) to see how many people took advantage of it.

sooo watch for a small promo box on the front of EQInterface.com in the next few days..
Old 02-24-2003, 02:56 AM   #24
SatyrofThessaly
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rodcet Nife
Default Kudane, Whats your PC specs???

I'm just curious since you play EQ and run a comp company; what is your computer specs (ie. Mother Board, RAM, video, sound, etc.) ?

I'm running:

P4 1.6 ( upgrading to AMD 2100 in a few days)
ASUS P4-E (upgrading to ASUS A7N8X in a few days)
1 GB RIMM (upgrading to 1 GB PC3200 in a few days)
GeForce 4 4400
Audigy Plat v1
Maxtor:
40 GB 7200 2mb Cache
200 GB 7200 8mb Cache
40 GB 7200 EXT 2mb Cache
trival etc.
SatyrofThessaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:34 AM   #25
Thaii
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via Yahoo to Thaii
Default my two cents-this ROCKS!

Hello! I think this is GREAT!!! I have two machines running EQ now both custom built. May I suggest to DITCH the EMACHINE and FAST!!!! We had one and it went bad twice in a year and Emachine had "stopped making that machine so we needed to upgrade for an additional...." according to them. The modem blew first which fried the motherboard then the second motherboard cracked. So just my 2 cents worth if your son can get him to grab this and RUN!!! One of our machines is the e-machine case and keybord and monitor with everything else rebuild...to include the GeForce 4 video card. Hope this helps! And good luck and stay safe to your son and all in questing and life! :nanna:
Thaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:02 AM   #26
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Kudane, Whats your PC specs???

Quote:
Originally posted by SatyrofThessaly
I'm just curious since you play EQ and run a comp company; what is your computer specs (ie. Mother Board, RAM, video, sound, etc.) ?

I'm running:

P4 1.6 ( upgrading to AMD 2100 in a few days)
ASUS P4-E (upgrading to ASUS A7N8X in a few days)
1 GB RIMM (upgrading to 1 GB PC3200 in a few days)
GeForce 4 4400
Audigy Plat v1
Maxtor:
40 GB 7200 2mb Cache
200 GB 7200 8mb Cache
40 GB 7200 EXT 2mb Cache
trival etc.

my current EQ Machine is:

XP17000 running XP Pro
512 DDR ram
GeForce 3ti 64meg video
80 gig HD main
20 gig HD slave
SOYO K7-Dragon MB, with built in 5.1 sound (using default sound)

I play with my sound off about 90% of the time... If i hear one more spider scream it will be too soon..
Old 02-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #27
scari
A Fire Beetle

Server: fennin ro

Well overall that's a good deal one thing though if the motherboard is not intel chipset you may run into problems running a geforce card on it the geforce don't get along well with most hybrid motherboards out there VIA Etc. but at this price you could buy it upgrade to a better video card than that they put on this, afterall going to assume at least most of us already have a good card in our existing puters so that would mean no added cost for some of us anyways. As for the onboard sound card I do not know much about the one on this one but i have had trouble in the past with some of them running on EQ if this one don't work well a sound card that'll work fine on EQ isn't that expensive at all unless you're looking for completly awesome sound you can buy a card for 50 bucks or less that works well with EQ. Overall any additions you would need to add to this to run EQ would be minimal and the end cost would more than likely be less than what you could buy a puter that already had the stuff you added.
he Knows what to do,
the Dragons gone but,
it happens they say,
with the way of the world,
he can go either way.
scari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:28 AM   #28
scari
A Fire Beetle

Server: fennin ro

As for the person complaining about no OS first of all windows XP bites you can install it once and if you have to reinstall it for whatever reason you have to call microsoft to get a new number for it. I've done this before was on phone for a freaking hour waiting for a person to take me off hold. Secondly I almost always buy my custom machines with no OS and install my windows 98 SE on it this version of windows is by far the most stable version versus windows ME and XP. Now this is obviously designed for someone who knows puters, i guess someone who doesn't already have a copy of windows sitting around wouldn't want to buy this. But I think most of us already have a version sitting around why would ya need yet another copy sitting around.
scari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:06 PM   #29
Falcone
A Bat

Wow this is a heck of a deal. I am definatly going to reccomend it to a friend of mine who is usuing an ancient packard bell to play EQ on. $450 bucks for a nice system with a G4 ( vid card upgrade) is a sweet price. As for the person who plans on putting their copy of win98 on his machine, you do realize that that is completely illegal right?
Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:52 PM   #30
dark123
A Bat

Unhappy Computer offer

As far as them saying that this Ac97 is eq compliant well I just have to say I have a
on board ac97 not only is it a pain to find drivers for it but it does not work well with eq even with the updated driver....Yah sure you hear the sound and you can play music on your mp3 player but it sounds like it is coming out of a cloak radio...ie it sucks...Right now I am running a Xp1800(1.5Gig) with 512mb DDR memory...64mb geforce4 420mx...60gig hard drive and oh yah the on baord ac97 sound ..if there is one thing I could change I would never have bought the motherboard with on board sound ...yes it is complian with dx and all but it still sounds bad...just though I would put in my two cents..hope it helps ppl out there...my next stop it sound card
then I am all set to go ...
dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread