Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #16
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok, dual windows presents two problems that are fairly major:
1) the location of the window is set within the XML itself and so a seperate version of the XML file would need to be made for each resolution your UI would support.
2) the window's fade amount would be a forced 50% faded, 100 percent on mouseover and would not be able to be changed by the end user (or the XML coder, these are hard coded numbers for "faked" windows).

Although I could pull some tricks to make the window never fade, the location problem is pretty major unless you were planning on this UI only supporting one resolution.

Your "safest" bet would be to keep the selector window buttons on one side and something else (as suggested the actions window) on the other side of the hotbuttons.

I like these graphics and could make a UI out of them in probably one (or two days tops) day if I were provided with the art (I could chop up and enchnce the JPG you posted but why go through that trouble when you have the original).

If you want an example of my work click the little "My Skins" link under my name to the left. Also check this thread: http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...t&threadid=8587 which showcases my left-to-right filling horizontal buff bar (a first, no one has done this before) as well as my talent with tweaking graphics.

Enok
Old 05-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #17
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Ok, dual windows presents two problems that are fairly major:
1) the location of the window is set within the XML itself and so a seperate version of the XML file would need to be made for each resolution your UI would support.
2) the window's fade amount would be a forced 50% faded, 100 percent on mouseover and would not be able to be changed by the end user (or the XML coder, these are hard coded numbers for "faked" windows).

Although I could pull some tricks to make the window never fade, the location problem is pretty major unless you were planning on this UI only supporting one resolution.

Your "safest" bet would be to keep the selector window buttons on one side and something else (as suggested the actions window) on the other side of the hotbuttons.

I like these graphics and could make a UI out of them in probably one (or two days tops) day if I were provided with the art (I could chop up and enchnce the JPG you posted but why go through that trouble when you have the original).

If you want an example of my work click the little "My Skins" link under my name to the left. Also check this thread: http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...t&threadid=8587 which showcases my left-to-right filling horizontal buff bar (a first, no one has done this before) as well as my talent with tweaking graphics.

Enok

You do some great work.

I'm working to see what I can do but honestly I don't see how I can convert the images to be one sided without ruining the balanced and uncluttered look of the skin idea...

I had fully intended that the bar be one of those UI's which is designed to be at one spot on the screen and one spot only and given it's small size that it probably would stay Alpha 100% at all times since it doesn't really take much space at all...

I supppose, though a pain initially coding versions for the resolutions would be the best bet.

However, if you can think of a way to seperate the functions without a major need for positioning changes that would be something I'd gladly look into...

I'm going through right now and cleaning up some of my 'Junk' which I've gathered from screenshots and other things and smoothing out the images in general to make them more useable in the long term...

I'll update the screenshot in post 1 when I finish that and then (No offense to Nastix whom I've worked with in the past) I'll probably send you a PM with where I have dumped the more final image and see what we can come up with for an inital version.

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Old 05-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #18
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Guess I should enable PMs then. =D

Enok
Old 05-21-2003, 01:40 AM   #19
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

First ingame screenshot. It's the playerwindow. I stuck exp and AA exp percents on the right side. Not sure if I like how that looks though...

Enok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ingame_player.jpg (4.3 KB, 353 views)
Old 05-21-2003, 01:45 AM   #20
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Looking good!

Actually the XP part doesn't look all that bad to me, might be something to consider in two small 'lower faced' tabs with XP% and AA% on them...

Hrm...
Old 05-21-2003, 01:57 AM   #21
Teannas
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via AIM to Teannas

Just wondering about the melee version of your playerwindow.

Hopefully instead we could just have Health and AA/Xp bars
Old 05-21-2003, 01:58 AM   #22
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Here's a pic with the % added.

Enok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ingame_player2.jpg (4.4 KB, 323 views)
Old 05-21-2003, 02:02 AM   #23
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

PPFFTT, melee version? What are you talking about.

Just kidding. I guess I'll hide Exp and AA exp gauges under the mana bar... or something. But I'm done for tonight. midnight = sleeptime. I only have 2 classes tomorrow so I should be able to wrap up this window and do the group and target ones tomorrow.

Enok

P.S. - Any other suggestions on what to hide under the mana gauge? I could always just do a breath gauge or, uhm... /drool time for bed.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:42 AM   #24
Teannas
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via AIM to Teannas

lol , I think u have a great idea of hiding them under the mana bar. I agree with you Enok on the XP and AA box on the right hand side, kinda out of place, bars are better

Well I will check back when I wake up this afternoon.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:19 AM   #25
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

The less gauges better it is imho.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #26
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Teannas
Just wondering about the melee version of your playerwindow.

Hopefully instead we could just have Health and AA/Xp bars

I was doing mockups on my original source files here and I came up with a simple idea for Melee only...

Replace the Mana Bar with a full sized Stamina Bar. Same basic UI Look and Feel, greater functionality for Melee.

I'm personally a Druid so I need the Mana and like to see my Stamina as well hence the small center stamina bar...
Old 05-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #27
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Figured out what I'm gonna do, thanks for the input.

Enok.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:39 PM   #28
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

As Requested, an image of the bug I'm seeing in the Toolboxes...

JPG Quality sucks but I think you can see the items I was refering to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (48.1 KB, 268 views)
Old 05-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #29
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Like the player window as is Enok (that is assuming that the yellow is stamina)

Overall, this looks very clean and the graphics are "pleasing" to the eye.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #30
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Talking Wow!

Man this looks very good. I am so excited about the way that looks in the first post. I didn't think you could skin the lag meter? I am already using Enok's skins now and think they are awesome so it's even better seeing him on this project as well! I think the playerwindow that he showed is very nice, I like it already.

I kind of agree with Amitan that the less gauges the better; this is looking to be the best minimalist skin ever. I like the idea of the hotbuttons being horizontal like in the first post screenshot as well. And the simplistic chat window and custom scroller look great too. I would love to see what a pet window might look like in this style. The inventory looks great also, a little big, but great. I am just so impressed with this concept.

This is great work everyone involved. Thanks for working on it, I can't wait....

---Margrave