EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Magic Map of Myrist Cartography Window Mod (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

Aerasin 05-07-2003 06:16 AM

Magic Map of Myrist Cartography Window Mod

Hi folks! I just had a fun and eventful day creating my first modification. I really didn't care much for the cartography window that came with LoY, and I thought, frankly, I can do better! So what started as trying to make some small asthetic improvements ended up begin an all day project and a complete overhaul. ;)

UPDATE (1 June '03): I've cleaned up the buttons so they weren't yellow on a light background. The button borders were also darkened so that the style matched the main border a bit more. Also the images are completely independant so they shouldn't intefere with any other mods. The compass was also removed from this mod.

Download the Magic Map of Myrist

or

View a preview!

Kedrak 05-07-2003 06:43 AM

Good Job

Great Look

Amitan 05-07-2003 07:06 AM

Very cool.
Nice work there.

Curumtiny 05-07-2003 10:05 AM

AWSOME IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!

Aerasin 05-07-2003 02:42 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback! I've updated the links on the first post so that they now point to the download section here at EQInterface since its there now.

I'm also considering making a 'pocket-size' version of this map, that would roughly be be about 1/4 the size as this one. If anyone would be interested in this type of map, let me know! If no one is interested I just might make it anyway . . . :D

Haliken 05-07-2003 02:59 PM

Please make a pocket version. Simple as that. =D

Enok

Aerasin 05-07-2003 03:44 PM

Will do! ;) I'll get started on a smaller one.

Cairenn 05-07-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:
Description: The mod replaces the LoY cartography window and the compass.

This has me stumped, in that I don't see the compass anywhere in the screen shot. Bit more detail on what you mean, please?

Aerasin 05-07-2003 04:27 PM

The modified compass is sitting in the upper left hand corner of the screenshot - its bright yellow, cylindrical looking and has brassy looking ends. I ended up modifying the compass because it shares the same TGA file as many of the map buttons.

wolja 05-11-2003 07:42 PM

Nice mod. Is there a way to get it without the compass as I am very happy with my loc compass?

Alternatively can you use your own Compass?

Wolj

Aerasin 06-01-2003 05:41 AM

Version 1.1 of this mod has been released. I've changed the initial post of this thread to reflect that. ;)

Azuen 06-04-2003 11:37 AM

Very nice.

Fitton 06-04-2003 03:43 PM

I think so are getting confused about the compass thing.:)
There is NO compass in it, only a picture of the compass points like you would see on an old treasure map.

Chakarum 06-11-2003 09:31 AM

Compact Map!

This map is excellent, but on my screen it is a little large. How is the compact version coming? You could save a lot of space by removing the scroll in/out and moving buttons (just make them size 0), and making the buttons appear smaller. I am definately looking forward to this!

Aerasin 06-12-2003 04:16 PM

I haven't started on the compact version yet but I'll be sure to let people know when I do. As far as the buttons go, well, I doubt I'd remove them all together but I'm sure I could easily make smaller versions of them.