View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
Tearsin Rain
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

to those who said it doesn't work:
it's possible your UI has more mods in it that needs adjusting - the fix i posted above will correct the issue for most default_old based UIs, but it only fixes 1 potential problem introduced with today's patch, and there are others.

basically two files got borked today:
EQUI_Animations and EQUI_Templates.

for those interested and industrious, to fix the problems you can do this:
1. go to your EQ folder, locate UIerrors.txt, and open it.
2. ignore all the "couldn't find blahblah, using default folder instead" stuff.
3. at the end of the text file should be a bunch of XML errors.
90% of these for 90% of you will either end in the text string "was referenced but not found!" or will say something like "could not find.. blahblah"

these are the files in the template and the animation files they added, and are what is breaking your UI.

to fix it you need to look at the names referenced in the error messages in your UIerrors file.
copy and paste the object the error is referencing (for example, BlueBtn_CDT or something that looks kinda like that)
go into the "default" folder in your UIfiles folder.
open the EQUI_Templates and do a search for the file name from the error message in your UIerrors file.
if you find it, copy the section of code surrounding it and paste that into the EQUI_Templates file in your custom folder (assuming you have one).
if you do NOT find it, perform the same steps above in the EQUI_Animations file.
you may have to do this several times, and it's insanely tedious, but it will fix all your errors.

if this code makes you go cross-eyed and you're not wanting to wait on a fix release for your UI, you can check out the updated old_default modded UI i posted today, or PM me with the content of your UIerrors file and i'll reply with where to look... though i warn you that may take a day or two, i'm both incredibly lazy and at work during the daylight hours.