View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 PM   #20
Earthscum
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Quellious
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Earthscum Send a message via Yahoo to Earthscum

I remember reading an article about (Stryker?) the guy who killed himself over EQ. I tried to find the article to save for permanence and could never find it again... but anyways, it told the whole story. The guy was on medications to begin with and it was suspected that he had quit them and was being antisocial before his death. The article was against EQ, but gave more info to support that the guy had serious problems before he did that. I believe that people were saying that he had reclused to his room for 2 weeks prior, etc etc. For some reason, all that info has dissappeared... Sounds like another Mathew Shepard case to me! (I live in Laramie... grew up here. Believe me, noone got the real story. Kenny was approached by Matt's parents who said they would let him only get life instead of death sentence if he kept his mouth shut, plus a bunch of other stuff... Matt actually was instigating a fight as well.)

Also, talk about some pre-existing mental problems, there was a guy who let his friggin 2year old die because of neglect... yep, it was blamed on EQ as well.

And what about the guy who KNEW he was prone to epileptic seizures and played EQ anyways? yeah... that's the one that got the warning about seizures put on your screen.

Yeah, EQ is addictive... and I believe, sadly enough, that there's alot of people who are antisocial and depressed and hate people that use EQ as a virtual society. Yes, that's right... when they get mad and can't deal with the other people, they can just log off. Sounds reasonable, but when those people kill themselves because they can't even deal with a 'virtual society', EQ gets the brunt.

You know what? I'm willing to bet that EQ has done more to keep kids off the streets on friday nights than the Boys Club has. And how many people would probably just sit with 20 chat room windows open if they weren't playing EQ? And how many people have found some kind of new hope or inspiration attributed to EQ? I BET THEY WON'T MENTION THAT, WILL THEY?!?

Yep, you're right... Ozzy, Judas Priest, and D&D all over again. Super nintendo never got blamed for us ditching school when super mario 3 came out, did it? Yeah... we spent just as much time on that damn grey box as I do on EQ now! My god... if I could've logged the hours I spent on Super Sprint...

I gotta stop now... I'll fill up a whole page with this... just gets to me in a bad way.

/rant off