View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #24
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

I HATE the 'streamlined' look. There's a reason I'm not playing Unreal Tournament. I'm playing a fantasy RPG and my UI should build on the fantasy feel of the game, not detract from it.

On the other hand, I need my percents (I'm addicted)...I'm working on a way to make them prettier (nicer font maybe), and I removed the % sign from nearly all of them, and shrunk them to near-invisibility compared to the gauges, but it's important to me to know how much mana a spell takes, in objective terms, and it's much easier to figure out how fast I'm dying from a percent than from a gauge or just a pure number (I convert either of those to % mentally anyway, since I play several different characters and 22hp means a lot to an 18 chanter but practically nothing to a 22 ranger).

I'm trying to design my mods to be like quartz as far as fitting together seamlessly, but without the feel of the U.S.S. Enterprise control room.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote