View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

You must download all three zip files. To install:

Unzip all three files to your desktop. Open your UIFiles folder and create a new folder-call it whatever you want. Now open each of the aeluin folders, open the folder inside, select all the files and move them to the folder you created in your uifiles directory.

The skin is now available. To get the window setup and have EQ load the skin when you sign on, you need to use the ini file I provided. Open the folder aeluin1 and you will see a file called UI_YourCharacterName_YourServerNumber. Now open your Everquest directory and you will see a similar file for each of your characters. Find the character you want to use my UI with and note what their file is called. Rename the file I provided to that, then paste it into the EQ directory over the old one.

When you log onto that character the skin should be loaded. Change your resolution to 1280x1024 and you're good to go.

Edit: This release should remain patch-proof as long as you do NOT alter any of the following:
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_Templates.xml

The only exception is if Sony decides to make major changes to the hardcoding of any window I have modified. If that should happen and your UI breaks, you need to simply delete the offending file from your custom directory until such time as a fix is available.

Edit 2: As this is a complete set, most individual pieces cannot stand on their own as written. If you are taking pieces for a mix-and-match, all the shared code that the windows depend on is in EQUI_Aeluin.xml; find those portions that you need and take them along with the windows you want.

If you want to add another mod to the set, however, there should be no problems. You can remove or change any file other than the three listed above and EQUI_Aeluin.xml and everything will still work and the UI will retain its patch-proof characteristics.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien