Thread: Concept Phase
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 07:43 PM   #9
sinead
A Ghoul

Heh heh heh...

With all due respect, Toggan, the circles/globes/whatever are one of the only things that will set this UI apart from others. The point is to create a way of presenting the Health/Mana/etc WITHOUT the standard ----------------- . Also, the picture shown is of what the UI might possibly look like at 800 x 600, which would be the minimum resolution. At that size, almost any UI looks crowded. I've found that most people use 1024 x 768 or higher, so the UI will be designed to look best at mid-high resolution. For the few people who use 800 x 600, it will still work, but as with most UIs, it will seem more crowded at that resolution.

As an update, I'm getting more and more optimistic that the literally thousands of lines of code required to make the vertical gauges can be reduced signifigantly using loops. I'm working together with several very good xml coders to try and make this happen. In theory, we will be able to set up one medium sized block of code for each different SIZE of gauge, and then have each gauge just reference the appropriate block of code. The example shows only 2 different sizes of gauges, and I am confident that this will signifigantly reduce the strain on everyone's systems.

I will keep you all posted.