View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #2
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmmm....

Sony has a standard UI. They cannot support every custom UI, so they don't test our custom UI's.

But at the very least, they should think about WHAT they are updating...windows_pieces04 twice or 3 times? They should have made a new TGA, resting in the very public knowledge that so many people have modded the original....

...or MAYBE .. we as better coders, should not use their graphics setups. We could have created a compass.tga standard that they would never have written over. We could use Statix Method to be patch proof and completely recode any window with our own naming conventions to prevent SOE's lame patches.

Remelio's Animations updates could be refered in the header of a different Animations file if all the names were changed and we manually chose which ClassAnimWiz ClassAnimBST we wanted, but there is just too much to consider.

Overall, I have to be frustrated as all you-know-what, that I'm spending 3 hours recoding a mod that was working flawlessly, but maybe I didn't follow the rules properly when I wrote it the first time, and now I'm learning a little more about how to do it right....at least I'm not 100% in the game...at least its becoming a learning experience....(hope I can keep convincing myself of this....)