View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 08:44 PM   #6
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Ranger's Glade

Sylviania, the best place I've found for Ranger-friendly UI components is at the Ranger's Glade (www.interealms.com), specifically this thread:

http://forums.interealms.com/ranger...=&threadid=6917

Even though Sunmoon requested all UI's go in that thread, if you do a search you'll find some more. There's one in particular by Kruull that has an excellent inventory window, and I think Sean Spiritarrow posted a trimmed-down tracking window. I've also seen multiple examples of Hotbutton windows that include Inventory slots, for easy right-clicking and switching.

Regarding battlespam, what I've done is created a second chat window and sent all Melee and Spells there. If you make sure to include "Non-melee", you'll get everything: bow hits, DS's, everything. Especially with the new Hitsmode capability, you can abbreviate the hits or even just display the numbers, allowing you to make the Melee window that much smaller.

I used to have three windows, the third taking all my guild and chat channel stuff, but I've found with all battle spam in it's own window and changing the "echo" colors to match the channel colors, I can follow just two windows with no problem... meaning I can make them wider and easier to read.

Once I get some final tweaks in place, I'll post a screenshot of my preferred UI - not because it's innovative, but because it just works really well for me, as a ranger. Of course, I like the smooth, streamlined look, that doesn't interfere with vision.

Oh, one other thing: I've run into a LOT of folks who really like the /viewport command. They compress the view window enough to set all the UI components outside, almost like a modified version of the old UI. You can see an example in a link in this thread:

http://pub32.ezboard.com/fsolusfrm5...picID=363.topic