View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 02:59 PM   #49
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I know this thread has been dead for 5 months, but I just found it and read through it ( wish I had seen it 5 months ago ), and wanted to add 2 things.

(Make sure you read comment 2, it's much more important than comment 1)
One, I personally like MIDI's because I have this ancient, weird, at it's time super expensive soundcard made by Yamaha that produces the most rich instrumental sounds when playing midi files, so in nearly every case, when I play a MIDI file it sounds great. On my new computer though I have an SB Live and MIDI's are bleh. Sometimes I actually go to my old computer (it's now an answering machine) and play MIDI files for memories' sake.

Two, I have experience with programming that involves active parsing of the EQ log file, SO I could make what Tellgar wanted, something that plays MP3's (through Winamp, don't wanna waste time coding my own MP3 player) when events happen in game. BUT, I will only do this if there is interest in it. I won't claim authorship of the program Ever-Bot (http://everbot.cjb.net) as it's author wishes to remain anonymous (*wink*) and out of SOE's view, but this would be an addition to said program. Currently Ever-Bot mainly just does text-to-speech conversion for EverQuest chat so you can hear people say things, but throwing in MP3 playing based on text triggers would be quite simple. Anyways, if this interests anyone I'll set aside some time to make it, but I need input, what triggers are important for music playing? Zoning, fighting, dying, leveling? And should Winamp be made to load playlists and randomly pick a song from it (Winamp can do that right? I never use random).

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote