Thread: Design Concept
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #16
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok, dual windows presents two problems that are fairly major:
1) the location of the window is set within the XML itself and so a seperate version of the XML file would need to be made for each resolution your UI would support.
2) the window's fade amount would be a forced 50% faded, 100 percent on mouseover and would not be able to be changed by the end user (or the XML coder, these are hard coded numbers for "faked" windows).

Although I could pull some tricks to make the window never fade, the location problem is pretty major unless you were planning on this UI only supporting one resolution.

Your "safest" bet would be to keep the selector window buttons on one side and something else (as suggested the actions window) on the other side of the hotbuttons.

I like these graphics and could make a UI out of them in probably one (or two days tops) day if I were provided with the art (I could chop up and enchnce the JPG you posted but why go through that trouble when you have the original).

If you want an example of my work click the little "My Skins" link under my name to the left. Also check this thread: http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...t&threadid=8587 which showcases my left-to-right filling horizontal buff bar (a first, no one has done this before) as well as my talent with tweaking graphics.

Enok