View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've got to agree... a complete overhaul of the story window would be nice... I understand why it is how it is, that it was intended to be easy access to game lore, as it was released... but it's way to useful as a repository for other info. True, it's not as essential with the ability to put EQ in a window, but it's still tons easier to have the pertinant information for tradeskills, quests, spells, or what-have-you at your fingertips.

So, as long as we're wishing, I'd like to see:

- Controls (Back, Forward, Home)
that work within each story document. If the document has only one page, then they obviously go nowhere.

- To make the above work, the abililty to relate pages in an intelligent way. Each story mod could consist of one main page and a potentially unlimited number of dependent pages; for example, a main page named storyFletching and dependent pages named storyFletching-01, 02, etc. (the main page defaulting to -00). The Forward button would cause the window to automatically look for the next number in sequence and load it; the Back button would look for the previous number, and the Home button would load the main page. Internal links would still allow users to skip around, then hit the Home button to start over, or go Forward or Backward as they please.

- The ability to sort the available documents by date or name... and possibly by Category (which would have to be added). Possible categories could be Lore, Tradeskills, Quests, and Other. I think categories would have to be set by the user (like in the Journal).

- To go along with sorting, I'd like to see the Name be listed first, Date last (maybe just a personal preference, I dunno... makes more sense to me that way).