View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 09:52 AM   #32
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You sure picked an ancient thread for your first post shadzar. It's been dead for like 9 months... how'd you find it? I don't think half these people even post here anymore.

Anyway, I'd like to correct a couple things here.

First, gauges are definately more accurate than percents and do not display rounded data as is what Nennayen said. I have a sub-sub bar to my exp gauges that is perfectly accurate to 0.04 percent (I can kill an old world light blue and watch it move 1 or 2 pixels). Not to mention the hp and mana bars are much more accurate than their percentage counterparts, although for hp the hp value is just as accurate and easier to read than the gauge. Although the target's hp doesn't update constantly, when it does, during that moment the gauge is more accurate than the percent (and the gauge isn't simply showing data rounded to the nearest percent).

Also, since this thread was started dozens of beautiful UIs have been made.

It's pretty obvious that since 9 months after this thread was last posted on, percent labels are still used everywhere, and since they were added to the default UI, that they're here to stay.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote