Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #12
laertise
A Snow Griffin

Heres my 2 cp being a pally, I don't get to tank in raids unless the warriors die and I'm fine with that now I'm not gonna be desired as a tank for groups. This kinda sux, but I was in BoT the other MT 65 warrior a cleric necro druid and shammy and me (64 pally).
The warrior couldn't pull and the druids harmony kept failing but being fairly experienced in BoT I can almost single pull the whole zone. So I was pulling mobs the warrior was tanking, now I did mention that I can almost single pull the whole zone well a few times I pulled adds, the first thing the add did was pounce on the cleric. Let me tell you how happy the cleric was that I was on it stunning that mob and pulling the mob off them. So I guess in reality now we are gonna fullfill a secondary tanking roll but its gonna make us alot less desirable to groups. Heres why, a pally=slim to no dps and if you have a warrior who has more HP than a pally more AC than a pally and can hold arggo just as well as a pally. Well now i'm obsolete the the spot I took in a group was to tank and hold arggo Most groups aim for something like this. Main tank, Healer, Slower, DPS, DPS, off class. The only spot I'll have in this break down is the off class where every other class has a specified spot. Say hi to the new ranjas of norrath.

Tank (warrior), Healer (cleric,druid), Slower (chanter, shammy, beast) Dps (beast, rogue, ranja, mage, whizzy)(possible exception could be and SK as dps),off class(any of the afore mentioned and add SK and pally to that)

Laertise
laertise is offline   Reply With Quote