Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #18
jlpicard
A Ghoul

I have played a paladin for over 3 years now. I have a lvl 65 paly with 122 AAs.

One thing I don't understand, is why people believe a paladin has such an advantage against undead? I mean, we SHOULD have the advantage, but really Sony has seen to it that we are NOT what you believe us to be.

Case in point:

Our undead NUKES, ROFL. If a paladin is casting this crap on the undead mobs, I would boot him from the group and put him on ignore. Our nukes are a sickening waste of mana. Our BEST nuke, Deny Undead (Level 62) costs 250 mana, has a 30 second recast time and delivers a whopping 630 or so damage. Gimme a break.

Our wonderful Disc: Holy Forge, reuse time is about an hour. Grants us three times the chance to Crit against undead..... /boggle

Our best and only undead advantage is Slay Undead 3: This AA will give the Paladin a chance to turn that crit into a slay. I have slayed for over 5k, and my low is 950. In a LDoN dungeon with a lot of undead, like guk or MM I can get maybe a half dozen slays in the whole dungeon. Not exactly "bowling" them over.

Paladin against undead, it is a myth, a myth that Sony refuses to bring to reality.
jlpicard is offline   Reply With Quote