Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 01:32 PM   #28
Shainaen
A Ghoul

Server: Vallon / stormhammer

i love how everyone is focused on the paladin class for tank and aggro. That's fine. Taunt is not broken. People need to just learn how to control their taunt is all. Blaming the game is a pathetic excuse and a cop-out. It is the people that need to learn to control their aggro. Why do i know this? I play a shadow kngiht and we are the masters of aggro. Plain and simple hands down the final truth. We can take it immediately and we can get rid of it in a heart beat like NO ONE else can (FD is beautiful). If you disagree then you simply have grouped with really bad SK's. I have taken and kept aggro from any warrior i grouped with unless i just didnt want it. I have kept aggro from shaman and chanters who spam debuffs to try to take it back from me. I have kept aggro from the stun spamming paladin. Sony nerfed the SK when they killed our ability to fear mobs over L53. But in the same nerfing they also gave us our best taunt. Combine fear with a shot of some dark snare and our own Damage shields, throw in a terror line spell now and then for simple color and you have the masters/mistresses of aggro. Do SK's always need to be MT? nope. should we? nope. But the shadowknight is the epitome of hate. We are born of hate. we ARE hate. now tell me what is aggro? Hate. Hence the wonderful coined term - hate list. We have specific spells (though basically useless) designed to do nothing BUT generate aggro (Voice line which is a buff for others and Terror line which is a damageless aggro generator.) Pity they are a waste since our darkness lines cost less, cast faster and generate more aggro as well as our nerfed fear.

Cry that taunt is broke. Let me get you a hankey. Posture and strut saying "my class > your sk for aggro" and i will get you a mirror to drool on yourself all you like. but that's the most you will do is drool. The issues of aggro are not that it is broken. it's that people don't know how to control it.

These new changes just give warriors something more to do then sit and fall sleep or simply mash their taunt button hoping that mindlessly mashing does some good. (it doesn't so ya know... You actually need to know when to hit the taunt button.. mashing does nothing but make a worn out button and youlose aggro more then generate it)

I AM Hate! Fear me. Those who stand against me will soon learn i am Death!!
Shainaen is offline   Reply With Quote