View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Melee Changes on Test

Changes went Live on Dec 02, but were not effective till the 3rd.

Feel free to discuss what you liked, didnt like, or even suggested here..

--- ADDED Dec 5th ---

Last night the "effects" were in the game. as a 25th lvl warrior I found 4 skills I got that I got..

Provoke
Headbash
Backslash
Flurry

• Provoke •
This is a non-opening skill, meaning it can be used anytime, and can be used about every 90 seconds... its message is "You bellow something obsene at your oppenent". Let me say... its works well, another warrior and I could bounce a mob between us using just it. With Taunt, mob would follow me anywhere.

• Headbash •
This skill requires an opening, but it appears to be a high level bash.. I hit for 30-35 (at lvl 25) and stunned my target for up to 4 or 5 seconds. I did not see what the animation for this is, but we all hope it has a head smashing animation.

• Backslash •
This skill requires an opening, this one seem to just be extra damage, a free attack. I believe its one of the lowest level skills.

• Flurry •
This skill requires and opening, I never really saw much of a change with this, it said "You hit your target with a flurry of blows" when I hit with this. Sooo I am sure it will do something nice, or IS doing something nice..

I grouped with a monk, who loved his new abilities, and I talked to a rogue who was just getting started but loved the look of his.

Over all I think that once this is polished up over the next few weeks its going to really be something fun and exciting for the melee classes.

Things that Need Improving
They need to make the Melee skill window like the pet window where you can make it stay open, its annoying to have to open it everytime you want to watch (I am sure it pops open too)

Animations, they are using casting animations for the skills such as Provoke.. I pray they put some custom animations on the skills.. its still in the testing phase soo I am not worried just yet.. but it is something that I left feedback for.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote