View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 12:38 PM   #25
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I gotta say Chronwaas, that's a really good write-up. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm.

The reason you use 2 gauges per color (except for the final color which is basically a normal gauge) is because one gauge covers up the "final color gauge" while the other actually slowly moves down like a normal gauge. In other words, one gauge for yellow covers up from 0% to 33% while the other goes from 33% to 100%.

The reason there are huge gauges (the yellow gauge that covers from 0% to 33%) is you only want a 1% cross-section of a gauge to actually cover that distance (from 0% to 33%), so that when that percent is passed, the whole thing vanishes at once and the gauge underneath is revealed.

Ask questions, I'd be happy to answer them, and if what I just explained wasn't clear, say so. I'll try to come up with a different perspective of explanation.

I'm gonna go stop by Elezibeth's threads to say hello and apologize for having been gone so long. I'm considering writing a follow-up guide to this one to explain how I use the default gauge graphics in a color changing gauge; if anyone would want that, leave something saying so.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote