View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 01:20 AM   #45
cantril
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default do we remember Luclin?

When Luclin was released, along with it came new system requirements. These new system requirements caused a substantial amount of paying customers to be unable to play the game that they have become used to playing any time they want. But this was done to improve graphics and the game. This did not go over well with the customer base. Now we have EQ2 which has substantial graphics enhancements, which is all well and good, but again it comes with very different and more demanding system requirements. With EQ 2 we have a CHOICE on if we want to upgrade ourselves to play this game or not. If we were to go thru another graphics upgrade and be FORCED to upgrade our systems just to play the game we have spent so much time and money on, it could very well bring a quick end to EQ.
The graphics are cool, but I play for the game not the looks. I have all my models off, all my graphics off, spell effects off, and yet I can still play the game just as well as anyone else.
I will be plenty happy if a new graphics overhaul never comes. It means I can continue to play and enjoy the game for years to come.
cantril is offline   Reply With Quote