View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #19
Grumbuk
A Gray Wolf

I'd be real interested to see a list of things we can do to the code that would help you folks make & use your UI's more easily. For instance, I've never heard that UIErrors.txt is dumped when the client shuts down (although a quick check of the code seems to show this isn't the case, btw) and as you can imagine that sort of thing is easy to change.

To be clear, I'm referring to things that are purely UI related - no game stuff like 8 man groups which require a lot more people to be involved, and definitely no new game features for the game in general - there are plenty of threads on EQLive about how to make the game itself better, what I am hoping to get from this is strictly "how can we make the existing EQ UI better and easier to use". It's been a hot topic around here lately, so now is a good time to ask you folks for more input. Probably what one of you is coming to the summit, too (who goes to a summit is not something I am a part of).

If there's a good list of fast & easy to implement features that would help people use custom UIs more easily, I can make sure at least the right people get to consider them for the game.

Thanks
Grumbuk is offline   Reply With Quote