View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 03:55 PM   #35
Vynre
A Bat

I tried the first map mod, while a GREAT idea, it was virtually unusable - you guys did amazing creating it but realistically it was difficult to use in game and so hit my recycle bin pretty fast.

To be able to just load the maps I need is great have less to flip thru to get to the info I need.

But my major point is that I am AMAZED that anyone would begrudge Muse for wanting people to go to eqatlas to get the maps. Eqatlas is one of the most valuable eq tools on the web, has the best quality maps in one place that you could hope for. Providing this service and trying to make money off it isn't bad, although I'm not sure that the site actually makes money because of how much bandwidth must cost. Frankly, I really apprecite the site and that its been made available in game and I really don't mind paying someone who comes up with such quality work.

If we want to keep people putting great information about EQ on the web, at the expense of their own time and energy, it's also really a good idea to support them if you can. It's not hard to go to the site and download the maps, don't begrudge them this request.