View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 03:22 PM   #30
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Jobeken- you have a valid point, but if somebody comes to me and says I want to add this cool mod in but it comes with a modified EQUI.xml, what do I do?", it's quite simple to say "show me the EQUI they sent you and I'll see if you need to change anything in mine"- most likely it'll only be 1 line if they even need to change anything. On the other hand, if I decide to put all my custom animations or Includes in the breath window for instance, it would be ridiculously difficult to attempt to explain to someone over PMs how to put in a different breath window.

Besides, individual window mods almost never come with a modded EQUI. It's not practical or useful to do that unless you have a complete set. And members who are mixing-and-matching elements from more than one set tend to be the more experienced ones who can either figure things out themselves or at least understand a semi-technical explanation.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote