Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-20-2024, 10:50 AM   #1
BrahmaFF
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff window, 12 extra spaces?

After the patch yesterday I noticed that my buff window which is resizable but 'snaps' to the correct size is now quite a bit bigger. I thought maybe it had something to do with the additional buff slots so added the new 8 slots (I think it's 8... Type 500-549 now (I thought it was just 42 slots previously).

Even after adding these though, it is still 'snapping' to a size which includes space for another additional 12 slots it looks like.

Before the patch I had 42 slots and it would always resize to have just enough room for those 42 spaces.

Any thoughts on a way to fix this?
BrahmaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 03:55 PM   #2
BrahmaFF
A Gray Wolf

Screenshots and code. I don't see anything in here that would cause this but I don't do a massive amount of UI modification either.

Prior to patch there was no extra space. Post patch, before and after adding the additional slots, there is still extra space. Was there something that changed with a buff window type or something that is causing this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000086.jpg (76.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg EQ000084.jpg (73.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg EQ000085.jpg (68.8 KB, 11 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (45.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-24-2024, 04:45 PM   #3
curdardh
Premium Member

DPG added support for up to 62 buffs, only 49 are available today.

You should report this in the bug forums.

Quote:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook
curdardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 01:42 AM   #4
Kaliaila
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdardh
DPG added support for up to 62 buffs, only 49 are available today.

You should report this in the bug forums.

They really screwed up the buff windows, it is weird that they adding slots to the window that are not even in the UI file's code. This is a reduction in customization.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 08:00 AM   #5
BrahmaFF
A Gray Wolf

Dug into this a bit more and found what I was missing:
500-549 = Buff 0-49
781-792 = Buff 50-61

They actually added 20 extra buff slots with the last 12 in a different type range even though (I think) only 7 of the 20 are currently usable in game. It is possible to add all 20 but then you just end up with 13 useless buff slots.

As far as I can tell, if using the <SnapToChildren> tag to make your buff window resize automatically, there is no way to exclude the additional slots. You're either stuck with the extra space or have to hard code the positioning of the ones you want.

I am not aware of a way to make the snap functionality work with less than the total number of available buff slots. If there is a way and someone knows how, would love to be educated on the subject!
Old 07-08-2024, 02:42 PM   #6
Kaliaila
An Icepaw Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaFF
500-549 = Buff 0-49
781-792 = Buff 50-61

They actually added 20 extra buff slots with the last 12 in a different type range even though (I think) only 7 of the 20 are currently usable in game. It is possible to add all 20 but then you just end up with 13 useless buff slots.

As far as I can tell, if using the <SnapToChildren> tag to make your buff window resize automatically, there is no way to exclude the additional slots. You're either stuck with the extra space or have to hard code the positioning of the ones you want.

I am not aware of a way to make the snap functionality work with less than the total number of available buff slots. If there is a way and someone knows how, would love to be educated on the subject!

They added 20 entries to the EQType list, but the window which you linked does not include those extra 12 future buff slots, and as such they should not affect the size of the window. The only way that the game can add those slots would be if the game is adding them unilaterally.
Old 09-19-2024, 09:18 PM   #7
Kaliaila
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaFF
500-549 = Buff 0-49
781-792 = Buff 50-61

I have mentioned this elsewhere, but you can get around this issue, but what you have to do is remove the <SnapToChildren> for the BW_Buttons window. You can leave the <SnapToChildren> entry in the parts for the numbers. Doing this will have it snap to the numbers which in turn will snap the buttons correctly.