Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-29-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
RhajeTN
A Fire Beetle

Default Question for the Experts: BuffWindow/SDBuffWindow

In messing around with the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml and EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml files I noticed an oddity, and wanted to see if someone could clarify this...

Quote:
<ButtonDrawTemplate>
<Normal>BlueIconBackground</Normal>
<NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>

Every single UI I've looked at includes this line, (even the default) however it doesn't really use it. The game interface itself determines if that slot is red or blue, and omitting it seems to do nothing.

Can anyone confirm if this even does anything at all? It appears to ignore it entirely... (removing it entirely throws no errors / still loads fine...)

Asking mostly, because it would be nice to be able to create a buff window that wasn't reliant upon the Animations file... I'm guessing it's not possible since there isn't any UIs that do not directly edit the Blue/Red Iconbackgrounds in the default animation file...
RhajeTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

True, that entry doesn't seem to do anything. However, there's some issues on test now with the icon background colors sometimes showing as pink and grey instead of red and blue... maybe they're fidgeting with it.

Anyway... I changed the red and blue icon backgrounds slightly in my UI because the lower right corner seemed too faded. I did it by editing the RedIconBackground and BlueIconBackground entries in the EQUI_Animations file. I don't think there's any other way to do it. I also changed the DecalSize and DecalOffset entries of the buff buttons in EQUI_Buffwindow to change the look slightly.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:13 PM   #3
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

if you take it out youll be sorry later on.. youll be eq clint crashing in a few weeks .. i have found out the hard way my self
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote