Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2003, 11:43 AM   #1
bamford
A Gray Wolf

Default group window...need one addition

i have a group window i got from the monkui

not a very popular ui i believe, but i love it. anyhow, with new melee changes id like to have my endurance in this window.

currently the group window displays as such:

there is also a hidden casting bar underneath the aa gauge which shows up when a spell is being cast and disappears again when finished.... what id like to do is shift everything down and add an endurance bar between the hp gauge and the xp gauge.

can anyone do this for me?
Attached Files
File Type: xml equi_groupwindow.xml (40.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by bamford : 12-19-2003 at 06:10 PM.
bamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Sorndar
A Gray Wolf

I second this addition would love to see this added or get some help to adding it myself if anyone could please.
Sorndar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca

My monk ui also would like this! ! !
Old 12-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #4
paladiin
A Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Early Homemade Fix

I'm sure an official fix will be coming, but in the meantime if you really need to get your Endurance bar in, here's what I did. Keep in mind this is slightly tedious and assumes you can do some math and are familiar with editing xml.

Essentially you have to resize the group window in the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml file. You do this by increasing the "size" CY value under the Screen item = "GroupWindow" section of the file. I set mine to 275 to make sure I had some room, but you at least need to increase by 13. This is because you need a bigger window to add the new endurance bar.

Next you have to manually change the "location" Y value for everything that would show up underneath the Player HP bar. Basically you're pushing everything down one bar size to put in the Endurance bar. Increase the Y value for these by 13. Remember to do the labels as well, and the resist images and values too. Yes, there are a lot of them. And don't forget to do the players 2-6 values too!

Once that's done, I went in and copied the Player_Fatigue section from my default EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (not your UI one, the default one). Then I copied that right above the Screen item = Groupwindow section down at the bottom of my UI GroupWindow. Now go in and change the X and Y location values to match your other settings in that window (Mine were X:18 Y:46)

Lastly, add <Pieces>Player_Fatigue</Pieces> down in your Pieces section at the bottom (I stuck mine right at the bottom).

That did it for me. I didn't bother going in and adding labels for the bar but it works anyway.

Now that you know what I did, here's the file. I only edited the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml file doing this. I use a different location setup for my windows than the default settings of the UI, and have no idea if that makes a difference, but you should be able to move the window around if it does.

Lastly, I suck at doing this stuff, so I really can't give tech support if it doesn't work. Best of luck and hope it does it for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: xml equi_groupwindow.xml (41.7 KB, 22 views)
paladiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:05 PM   #5
bamford
A Gray Wolf

perfect. that is EXACTLY what i wanted.

now i think im gonna tweak my combat abilities window
bamford is offline   Reply With Quote