Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #1
rugenpayne
A Gray Wolf

Default Spell/Gem Icons and the Feb 10th update

Ok, I'm usually pretty good at fixing my patchwork UI back together thanks to the wonderful "patch fix" threads you guys have, but this last one has left me perplexed and am looking for guidance.

I am aware that the spells, gems tga files were updated to include berzerker spell icons. I expected this. I opened the default ones, cut and paste (essentially) the different icons into their proper place in the file but leaving my t.king spell icons alone, and saved.

I went through, step by step, the patch fix message and changed all text files that I needed to.

However, in game, my spell book and buffs window looks a little odd. Some spells just aren't there. The buff window doesn't get the icon and the spell book shows a square of the default color that should appear outlining the icon, and I can't select it from the spellbook. It's not all spells. Just a subsegment of them.

I can still right click navigate so it's not an emergency...I'm just perplexed as to what I missed. My UIErrors file contains the usual "can't find, using default" errors and 6 errors that I expect and have had all along pertaining to some mods I made to my group window.

Any ideas?
rugenpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Not knowing what program you used to edit the spell gem tga's and how you did it I'm not sure what went wrong but it sounds like something is wrong with your spell gem graphics.

If you are using the tking gems you may want to use Cairenn's temp fix download for the tking gems in the patch forum.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Did you remember to change your alpha channel?

Also:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby
If you are using the tking gems you may want to use Cairenn's temp fix download for the tking gems in the patch forum.

Instead of using my temp ones, Kuvasie has released hers, which are actually updated.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
rugenpayne
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby
Not knowing what program you used to edit the spell gem tga's and how you did it I'm not sure what went wrong but it sounds like something is wrong with your spell gem graphics.

I would be inclined to agree with you, except...

Before I ever edited the file to make modifications for the Bezerker spell icons, these "blank" spells appeared in the spell book. Which would indicate to me that there was a change in where the UI was looking for these icons via some text file rather than an alteration to the spell icon image files themselves.

I will try the suggested icon download and see if that fixes it or if the spells are still "missing" and check back here with the results.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #5
rugenpayne
A Gray Wolf

Default still broken

well, I downloaded the new t.king spell icons, and am still getting this behavior. No idea what to look for now. Am I just missing something totally obvious? Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean

any tips or suggestions at this point are appreciated. While I've considered rebuilding my UI from scratch, I am not sure that is feasible at this point in time due to how freakishly patched together it is.

Like I said, it almost looks like the UI is looking for the spell icons in "location X" but not finding them there. I've attempted to see if there is a rhyme or reason to which ones are missing, and haven't noticed one yet.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:35 AM   #6
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

There are only two things that come to mind on this:
1. You have changed the the definitions of the spells, these are in the animations file
2. You have changed the spell book, and the decal offsets are off or too small.

Good luck,
Kuv
Old 03-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #7
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
1. You have changed the the definitions of the spells, these are in the animations file.
2. You have changed the spell book, and the decal offsets are off or too small.

It is easy to tell the difference between these two cases.

If it is (1), you will be missing the same icons in your buff bar as your spell book, and if you move a spell to a different slot in your book, it will still be missing its icon.

If it is (2), you will see the same blank icons on every page of your spell book, regardless of which icon the spells use.

I would try moving or renaming your spells*.tga image files temporarily. If you see the old default icons after doing that, then there is something wrong with your tga files. If they have the same odd blanks as the custom icons, then there is an xml issue.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:41 AM   #8
rugenpayne
A Gray Wolf

I will try that and see. Thanks for the advice.

edit: err, actually, it's #1. Because the buff icons are missing the spell icon as well. I'll see if I can make heads or tail of the animations file. Maybe I missed something
Old 03-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
rugenpayne
A Gray Wolf

It was my animations file. While I don't know exactly what it was, removing it, adding the cursor I use to the default one fixed it.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.