Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
Innurok
A Treant

Server: Povar
Smile Updating Buff Window file (Help Request)

Good day folks!

With the release of OOW and the added buff slots, I have been scrounging the Internet for a buff window mod to replace mine that includes the extra buff slots. Unfortunetly (call it being picky), I couldn't find out that suited my liking.

So I thought, 'Wait a minute! I can edit the XML file myself!" And therein lies my problem. I gave myself too much credit with my knowledge of XML. So, I humbly approach this community in hopes of seeking a little bit of aid.

Attached is the old BuffWindow file I used. I am nearly sure I downloaded it from this site, but unfortunately, I don't remember where . In any case, I was hoping to make further adjustments then just extending the window. Which is, again, why I needed the extra help.

What I want, is realisticly the same buff window, except for it to extend to 20 buff slots (or is it 21?). The other change I wanted was maybe to add blue or red (or a tint thereof) to signifiy detrimental or beneficial effect. If you look at the attached screenshot of the window. Maybe "IN" the black box where I assume the #'s were suppose to fit in. Or even the 'border' around the blackbox and the number. This step here is well beyond me.

If anyone can give me a hand or teach/point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffwin.JPG (10.2 KB, 67 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (26.6 KB, 13 views)
Innurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Moved your post to the request forum.

Good Luck!
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:54 AM   #3
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Post Re: Updating Buff Window file (Help Request)

Innurok,

Alright, have the file on my system, and I'll get to updating it ASAP. Sadly, though, at the moment I'm suffering from a fairly large hangover, so looking at code makes my head hurt. I'll get around to it later on.

I also ask that you take a quick pek in you custom folder and make sure there isn't any modified .tga/.dds files associated to this, as well (named something along the lines of "...buffbackground.tga"). If there is, I'll need that, as well, since and .xml pointing out specific things in a .tga won't work if the graphics aren't there. Heh.

EDIT: Bah, nix that second paragraph. Just checked the .xml, and it doesn't call out any .tga files as a reference. I'll update it later, as I said.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.

Last edited by Aramil Dannodel : 10-31-2004 at 06:56 AM. Reason: I R Stupid. Heh.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Innurok
A Treant

Dolby,
Thanks!

Aramil,
Also, Thanks! I don't want this to inconveniance you. So no worries on time. Thanks a ton!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Innurok
A Treant

Aramil, I haven't heard from you in a while. Whats the status m8? Still willing to give me a hand with this?

Or anyone else?
Old 11-08-2004, 04:42 AM   #6
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I had some time. Try this and see if it works for you. I tested it a little but not enough to have 20 buffs on me.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (35.0 KB, 20 views)
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:01 AM   #7
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Unhappy Re: Updating Buff Window file (Help Request)

To Dolby: Thank you for taking care of this while you had a free moment...it was a great help to me.

To Innurok: I am terribly sorry that I didn't have a chance to get around to it. You know how it goes when work gets busy, heh. I should still have a copy of the file somewhere on my system (will have to dig through folders a bit to find it...my UI modding directories are an absolute mess), so I can ship it over, although Dolby seems to have handled it. Once again, I am sorry I didn't get a chance to fix it for you, and a big thanks to Dolby for his help.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:22 AM   #8
Innurok
A Treant

Thanks Dolby! It worked great! It now has the full 20 buff slots available. I appreciate it! Thanks also Aramil for trying! It was really nice of you.

The only concern I have left now is to see if I can somehow add an indication for detrimental/beneficial buff. Preferably the black ''window'' where the numbers of the buff box are suppose to fit. Maybe even the surrounding border of the number.
Can anyone provide assistance in this area? This one is well beyond my knowledge. . .
Old 11-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
Innurok
A Treant

I haven't heard from anyone in a bit. I don't suppose anyone at all is willing to tackle this issue still? I would really appreciate it. Seeing as how the above XML file posted by Dolby has received more then just a few downloads, I doubt you would be only helping me with this issue. Thanks you regardless.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #10
Kizzestra
A Hill Giant

Default Update

Here is an updated version but it doesn't use the tking icons, though that's easy to remedy. http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3818
Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 PM   #11
Urim
A Fire Beetle

Any chance of mirroring the buff window one post above? I have my buff window on the left side of the window and would like the buff icon and spell name reversed so icon is on left and name on right.
Urim is offline   Reply With Quote