Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default 99$ deal from last year.. who got it renewed.

thead on soe live had me worried the link
an today my acount was canceled.soe NEVER tired to bill me. my bank looked back a month . my due date was may 10th.none of my card info changed at all.same card i was billed for 3 years montly on.

/bleh

ps...got two of the window peice tga files updated for httk.was takeing while to map out the new templates an make the graphics work .

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Minalcar
Premium Member

I thought I had renewed at that price but 4 days later I got the subscription cancelled notice and had to renew. I renewed for 3 months at a time.

Nothing changed on my card so that can't be the reason.

Malbro Katitude-- Veeshan(Luclin)
Minalcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

chat went like this ..

TSR Oliver D.: Unfortunately the 6th year promo was a one time deal. It is no longer
available. If you wish to play the game, you will need to subscribe to a new subscription
plan. If you wish to dispute this issue, please e-mail my Accounts Manager at [email protected]
TSR Oliver D.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

i sugest you email ltuttle as well.i did get a notice reply they got email.atm im not a happy camper.

an promotion went like this

Even better news: From April 11, 2005 to May 11, 2005, any current EQ player can purchase a 12-month EQ subscription for a special price ($99.99 plus applicable taxes) resulting in a potential savings of more than $50 off of the standard, monthly subscription fee. Game software is sold separately. The EverQuest Sixth-Year Anniversary 12-month Subscription fee is a recurring charge; that means that, unless and until you cancel your account, you authorize SOE to charge your credit card the subscription amount ($99.99 plus applicable taxes) immediately upon signing up for the Sixth-Year Anniversary 12-month subscription plan and again at the beginning of each subsequent 12-month subscription period. For this special offer, that means that you will be billed immediately in full on the day you initially sign-up for this special offer and then you will also be billed on the date that is 12 months from that date and so on.

edit .. lookie here.. archived post about it on soe site..

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/n...03&month=042005

posting a copy an past of the article from link just in case it um vanishes

Good News for Veteran EQ players!

As part of EverQuest's 6th-Year Anniversary celebration, the game team is giving current EQ players** one special Veteran Reward for every year that you've been an active, paying EverQuest subscriber in good standing! This is very good news for six year vets! It means that you'll be getting six Veteran Rewards for up to six of your characters!

If you are a former EQ player, any active subscription time previously accrued on a paying account in good standing will be credited toward your veteran reward when you re-activate your paid subscription.

Note: you'll find the Veteran Rewards tab in the game's AA user interface.

Even better news: From April 11, 2005 to May 11, 2005, any current EQ player can purchase a 12-month EQ subscription for a special price ($99.99 plus applicable taxes) resulting in a potential savings of more than $50 off of the standard, monthly subscription fee. Game software is sold separately. The EverQuest Sixth-Year Anniversary 12-month Subscription fee is a recurring charge; that means that, unless and until you cancel your account, you authorize SOE to charge your credit card the subscription amount ($99.99 plus applicable taxes) immediately upon signing up for the Sixth-Year Anniversary 12-month subscription plan and again at the beginning of each subsequent 12-month subscription period. For this special offer, that means that you will be billed immediately in full on the day you initially sign-up for this special offer and then you will also be billed on the date that is 12 months from that date and so on.

In addition, players who purchase the special 12-month subscription will be entitled to receive their next year’s reward without having to wait* until their next year as a subscriber (subject to the launch date or account age calculation date of the veteran rewards program). For example, a three year veteran will be entitled to receive awards one through three for up to three characters. If he or she decides to purchase the special Sixth-year anniversary 12-month subscription plan, he or she will also be entitled to receive the fourth year award as a bonus without having to wait* until their fourth year as a qualifying subscriber.

Additionally, six year veterans who purchase the Sixth-year anniversary 12-month subscription plan will receive the following unique seventh year reward without having to wait* until the seventh year of their qualifying subscription even though EverQuest is only now celebrating its 6 th-year anniversary.

A special note: An EverQuest player can claim their applicable reward(s) for one additional character (up to a total of six characters) for every full year they have been actively subscribed with a fully-paid account in good standing and qualifies for the veteran reward. In addition, Veteran Rewards remain with each character for as long as that character exists. For every year that a player has been subscribed, they will be able to claim the Rewards on one character.

SOE may, in its sole discretion, add, modify or delete veteran reward program terms or conditions with or without notice, and may terminate the program at any time.

Veteran Rewards are as follows:

Lesson of the Devoted: The player is surrounded by a beautiful blue/white glow as they gain double experience for half an hour every 24 hours.

Infusion of the Faithful: Usable once every 24 hours, the player enjoys maximum resistances and statistics and a faster run speed for 15 minutes while he glows brightly with power.

Chaotic Jester: Summons a Bristlebane puppet that persists for 15 minutes. Usable once every 24 hours, Bristlebane will randomly cast various spells that provide benefits or minor penalties.

Expedient Recovery: Usable once per week, all the player’s corpses are summoned to their feet and given 100% experience resurrection.

Steadfast Servant: Summons a creature that casts healing spells upon the player and others nearby. Lasts for half an hour and is usable once every 24 hours.

Staunch Recovery: Usable once every 3 days, the player is fully healed with health, mana, and endurance fully restored.

Intensity of the Resolute: Increases the power of the player’s abilities and heals substantially for 5 minutes once every 24 hours while the player is surrounded by a glow of energy.

* Please note that the veteran rewards program is scheduled to commence on May 13, 2005 and that will be the first day these rewards will be available to eligible players, even if an eligible player signs up and is billed for the special Sixth-Year Anniversary 12-month Subscription Plan between April 11, 2005 and May 11, 2005. Commencing in June 2005, SOE will compute the age of eligible accounts on the first business day of that month and each successive month during the term of the veteran rewards promotion and accounts that have achieved their next year veteran reward milestone since the prior computation date will be able to claim the applicable reward.

** Based on your total subscription time as an active, paying subscriber in good standing—game time accrued during trial programs or game time included with purchase of the game software will not count towards active, paying subscription time.

Last edited by axeion : 05-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

some movement finly being made.if your acount was cancled you need to pm or email this guy.i never had much luck with the email my self but worth a shot.

TSR-BradG
Technical Support Representative

Reply 286 of 307

Viewed 445 times

Hello Folks,

We are going to be taking deeper look into this issue and hope to have a resolution shortly.

If you have already had a billing failure for these charges please PM me your station name, current e-mail address. If you are not able to PM me due your account being closed you can contact us via our persistent email system found at www.station.sony.com.kb. Please select EverQuest for your Product, Account/Billing for your category.

Please be aware that we are still in the state of gathering data on this, so please be patient as you will not (as things stand now 5/16/06) receive an immediate answering from us.

Message Edited by Kytherea on 05-16-2006 01:27 PM

Brad Griffin,
Customer Support Representative
Sony Online Entertainment
PHONE SUPPORT available Monday through Friday, 9am-1:30pm and 3:30pm-6pm PST at (858)537-0898

Live technical Chat with our CSR's Monday through Friday 9am-6pm PST.
You may search our Technical Knowledge Base at any time to access the full library of our support solutions.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

some more movement on this . some are geting their acouts reactivated at the 99$ deal.im not one of them atm /bleh follow the post above an information from quote below.

Kytherea
Community Relations Manager

Reply 342 of 351

Viewed 210 times

If you are not able to PM me due your account being closed you can contact us via our persistent email system.

I adjusted the link in BradG's post to what you see above here. Let me know if the link still does not work.
Kytherea ~~wielding a giant hammer & a hairless War Hamster~~

"I'm late, I'm late...."
Old 05-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

news update ....

TSR-BradG

Reply 628 of 648

Viewed 500 times

See I told you we were working on this, Oh ye of little faith!

On another matter, if your account is CURRENTLY closed as the results of the issue please PM me using the subject line "Closed Due To Promo Billing" with your station name, email address and the date (as you can best remember) the account should have been billed.

This is something entirely different than the other list I was making so even if you have PM'd me already, please PM me again and be sure to use the subject line above (on another note, we do have memorial day coming up so please PM me as soon as you are able) for the best results.

We are working on the permanent fix for everyone, including those who re-subscribed to another plan so hang in there for your issues to be addressed.

Brad Griffin,
Customer Support Representative
PHONE SUPPORT available Monday through Friday, 10am-7pm PST at (858)537-0898

Live technical Chat with our CSR's Monday through Friday 10am-7pm PST.
You may search our Technical Knowledge Base at any time to access the full library of our support solutions.

my girl friend pm'ed him for me an my acount is on 7 days life suport till they fix this.i sugest yall do same if posible. only give your acount name to some one ya trust tho to do this .acount name is 1/2 way to owning your acount.

rember do exactly as it says the title in pm ,acounts name, when it got closed an your curent email.

all this is not over but least its moveing forward.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
psychiea
A Gray Wolf

Server: soulek ro
Default renew

Axieon,
Did you ever get your account renewed at 99$... Mine just overlapped today, and now i'm offline... Wondering if calling them is worth while.

Thanks
Psychiiea AKA Aapple
psychiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

/wave aapple an heya

nope my acount has not renewed at all i ben on free time they gave me an it runs out the 15th . no word yet on more free time till this is fixed or if they will set up this web site like they promissed for those of us that had our acounts closed due to this.my acount was closed for 10 days before i could get the right people the info to get it back on life suport.

their argument atm seems to be for those who changed credit card info ( im not in this group ) that you have to cancel your acount to change info a resubscribe.they seem to be sticking firm to this.no telling how many accounts will be gone because of this.

they are also saying their will be no 99$ deal this year but hint then their might be.. an if you just subscribe for 2 years it works out to be 99 a year.logicaly tho one has to ask then... so why cant you do the 99 deal then ?logic goes both ways their imho.

guess ill find out more tomorrow /shrug
Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #9
leaden
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to leaden

I had all 3 of my accounts at the $99 promo for the past year. I renewed one account at the 2 year rate ( basically the $99) and my other 2 at the 1 year increased rate of $143 per year. I really don't like paying for 2 years up front , who knows what life will deal you? I am understanding they are going to change some subscriptions ( ones who complain) and not others or is everyone gonna get this offer ??
leaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

leaden dont know what they actualy will do.heres what was suposed to happen.....

TSR-DanC

Reply 813 of 890

Viewed 501 times

Hello all,

Just another quick status update and a new ETA (as the last one was obviously wrong.)

To avoid confusion, I'm going to start by describing the complete billing history in the matter (with dates and figures,) move on to describing what exactly the bug on SOE's side was, and then outline how the fix was implemented. I'll then go on to describe a few sample scenarios that should address any related questions.

Billing History:

6 Year Anniversary Promo: Between April 11th and May 11th of 2005 a special promotional subscription plan was offered. This was a recurring plan at $99 for a year of service. Keep in mind that when I refer to the billing bug in our system later on, it is only in relation to this plan. This will show up as "6 Year Anniversary Plan."

Interim Pricing Plan: Between May 12th and June 11th of 2005 there was an interim plan offered - just before a scheduled and announced price increase. The then current price for a 1 year subscription was $119. During this interim period the 1 year subscription would cost $99, afterwards it would revert to the regular yearly price - which was soon to be $143.99. This will only show up as a regular subscription.

Price Increase: On June 12th of 2005 the yearly subscription price changed to $143.99.

The 6 Year Anniversary Renewal Bug:

The renewal bug occurred between April 11th and May 16th of 2006. Anyone who's 6 year promo subscription came up for renewal in that time period would close automatically, with information in our system seeming to suggest an error with the customer's credit card. The culprit was later discovered to be a faulty setting on our billing server.

The Solution:

The solution implemented is a 3 part process.

1) Fix the subscription: Completed May 16th 2006. After this was repaired all 6 year anniversary subscriptions would renew normally. Also, since this is a recurring charge if your credit card date expired (but your card was reissued with a new date,) you should renew with no problems.

2) Fix the people who closed and resubscribed to a year: Completed May 31st 2006. If you resubbed at the normal yearly rate after closing due to the 6 year anniversary promo bug, we performed the following actions to your account:

Refunded the difference between the 1 year price and the 6 year promo ($44.99.)
Put you back on the 6 year anniversary promo plan.
Granted you 30 days to compensate you for our error and the inconvenience it caused.
This part of the fix for closed accounts was implemented first as it was both legally and operationally the easiest to provide.

3) Fix everyone else who closed due to the 6 year anniversary promo renewal bug. ETA Thursday June 8th, 2006. This is currently being QA'ed (I think everyone can appreciate the need for that - afterall, we don't want any new mistakes made. :smileyvery-happy The estimate is just that: an estimate. It may change depending on what errors are found and how long it takes to fix them. This fix will apply to all accounts who closed due to the 6 year promo renewal bug, regardless of if they resubscribed to any of our subscription plans, consumed a game card, were granted compensation time by customer service, or even if they subscribed on a regular yearly plan AFTER May 31st (when the 2nd part of the fix was implemented.)

This fix is currently planned to include the following:

An email to every customer affected. (So make sure your email is up to date!)
A special web page that only people affected by the bug can sign in to, which grants access to a new subscription sign up page.
A process that will refund the last charge made.
The process will put you back on the 6 year promo.
The process will also give you 30 free days to compensate you for our error.
Details are subject to change, but that's how I currently understand it will work.

Sample Scenarios:

Your 6 year promo closed between April 11th 2006 and May 16th 2006: Congratulations (er, I mean, sorry,) you were a victim of the 6 year promo renewal bug. See the above detailed fix for information on how we have or how we intend to sort you out. Also, if you're currently closed, contact CS or me and we'll give you some time until the fix goes live.

Your plan renewed at $143.99 without you resubscribing or changing your billing information: It sounds like you were on the interim pricing plan, and this was the intended behavior of the plan. If you're looking for a better deal you may wish to check out the 2 year subscription, which is currently $199. Also while I'm not promising anything at all, there's a chance we might have similar promos in the future.

Your 6 year promo closed AFTER May 16th 2006: I hate to say it but it seems like there could have been a problem with your card or bank account. You might wish to check out the 2 year subscription, which is currently $199. And also, while I'm STILL not promising anything at all, there's a chance we might have similar promos in the future.

You are on the 6 year promo plan and due to renew but your credit card expiration date has changed: If your expiration date has changed you should renew without incident due to the nature of recurring charges.

You are on the 6 year promo plan, but your credit card number or account has closed or changed significantly: Unfortunately there seems to be no way to keep you on the 6 year promo. With that having been said there is the 2 year plan (which is currently $199.) Also, and I'm STILL not promising anything, there is a chance we might have similar promos in the future.

I hope this clears up some confusion - let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Also if you've sent me mail or PMs recently and have not had a response, I'm working on getting to your emails and PMs - either myself or Geoff (my senior tech,) will get back to you.

Daniel Clifford
Customer Service Supervisor
[email protected]

thats from http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq...cending&page=33

thursday date then was iffy but this was posted later.

TSR-DanC

Reply 828 of 890

Viewed 825 times

Hey Rundle:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rundle_Allnighter wrote:
Scenario: Account was subscribed to the 6th anniversary promo and was set to expire between May 17th and May 31st. After reading and witnessing all the problems with other 6th anniversary promo accounts, the account subscription was changed to the $199 yr plan on or before the expiration date (between May 17th and May 31st) to avoid any downtime. Note that the account was not allowed to close prior to the new plan being chosen. The preference would have been to keep the $99 6th anniversary promo subscription.

Would this pre-emptive attempt to avoid account issues and downtime fall under your solution #3? Note the biggest difference stated is that the account was not allowed to close (What? Go with out EQ for a day? Never! Better fix it before it breaks! ... lol ).

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say it, but the plan does not take into account any pre-emptive account modifications.

It sounds like you're already familiar with 1 of the suggestions I've been making for those who we can't get back onto the 6 year promo (the 2 year promo = $199, which is nearly the same as 2 yearly $99 renewals.) And I'm sure you've read my post thoroughly and have recognized the other suggestion regarding the possibility (surely not promise) that a new promotional plan may be available soon.

For all those of you who have fallen off the wagon for reasons other than the promo renewal bug, I understand that many won't be satisfied locking into a 2 year subscription when they prefer to be on a 1 year promo (for whatever reason.) Also, you shouldn't take my suggestion that there may be future promos of a similar nature as the honest truth - I can't and won't stand behind it at this time.

For those of you who are upset by these facts, I can only offer my apology - this is currently how our billing system operates in regards to promotional subscriptions that were offered for a temporary time. Is it less than ideal in my opinion? Surely. Was anything else ever promised? Surely not. Is it legal? I'm not a lawyer, but our legal department stands behind it.

Daniel Clifford
[email protected]

and then this was posted ..

TSR-DanC

Reply 865 of 890

Viewed 693 times

Status update:

For those customers who were a victim of the bug between April 11th and May 12th 2006 that did not allow the 6 year anniversary plan to renew: the final part of the fix should be live tomorrow, Tuesday June 13th 2006, barring any unforseen difficulties.

(If your billing failed during this period and you resubscribed to a 1 year plan BEFORE May 31st, you should have already been fixed automatically.)
Bear in mind that this process may change, but I just wanted to prep you all with a little information to help this go a little smoother.

1) All customers effected by the bug (and not yet fixed,) will be emailed. This email will contain instructions to visit a web site that only accounts effected by the bug can log into. At this website they can update their subscription to be placed back on the 6 year promo.

2) Those who resubscribed with a credit card will be refunded their charge. Unfortunately we do not have the means to provide this courtesy to those who consumed game cards (being that they were purchased at 3rd party locations.)

3) 30 free days will be given to anyone's account who was effected by this and opts back in to the 6 year promo.

One special class of customers (which only consists of 40 people,) are those who have resubscribed to a Station Access subscription. You should receive your own email with more information, which will summarize a process where you must be in direct contact with Customer Service before you can visit the resubscribe web page.

Message Edited by TSR-DanC on 06-12-2006 01:07 PM

Daniel Clifford
[email protected]

an today my account was CLOSED again...no email for no special web site. no replies to my emails an pms as directed..../bleh haveing enuff health problems in rl i really dont need more argivation atm./sigh.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #11
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

wee haw acounts on life suport.. acount was closed . finaly got site addy... explorer black screened on confirmation screen . so downloaded firefox .could get page to load but when completed form it said their was a error on site an please try again later..

get email today 4 days since my account was closed that i was geting 365 days added to my account!i go check it was 30 ...timer tho ends july 19th that would be 2 days after the resub to 6th deal would end... sooo try the resub page again.. after login it says theirs a certification error an contact a adminstrator. i try in explorer again after log in it hangs forever not loading....

in the best charle brown voice i can type ... AAARRRrrggghh!