Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 04-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
casada87
A Ghoul

Default Test server patches

I'm a little curious. I've never played on or even logged onto the test server and I was wondering how often Sony actually puts something new in a patch (thats in the news file); small or large (like the new UI)?
casada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #2
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Well....

I play on the Test Server (actually have a few characters there). The patches don't come as frequently as people think they would. Its not like an everyday thing. You'd be lucky to see a patch once every two weeks or so. Now if there was a posting at EQLive or around there that they are going to try something new, then you would see patches galore in and out throughout the week. It seems that the adverted ideas are heavy patches, while something they try to see if it works are small and few and far between. Like with the MP3 player idea was a small patch and only was patched twice (once for the original and a second time for an update patch to fix something).

The cool thing about being there is that you get to try out the new things before everyone else. As with the last addition of the new Froglok race, I was selected to be a beta tester cause I was on at the right time and those who were on we all given emails about participating in the beta test. Total cool.

Now mind you, its not all cookies and creme there. You can get some major bugs and have to deal with the quirky issues. If your the type that likes to troubleshoot and report issues then I would say this is your type of server. Its like all the other servers, with guilds and all, but the only thing difference there is the testing of gaming issues. Warning: Some UI's wont work there, especially if they are doing a UI patch, just thought I would let you know.

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote