User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Wish: story window basic navigation

I would like the story window to remember the last few links clicked and provide "Back" and "Forward" navigation buttons to move around the list.

It is difficult to provide "backlink" tags on pages that are refered to by multiple pages. For example: a page describing "Minor Healing" might be linked to by a page listing "Cleric Spells" and another listing "Druid Spells". A backlink on the Minor Healing page cannot be created in this case.

Here is how a history might look after clicking 5 links and pressing "Back" twice:

array[0] = "file0.txt"
array[1] = "file1.txt"
array[2] = "file2.txt" <-- this file is currently displayed
array[3] = "file3.txt"
array[4] = "file4.txt"

Clicking "Back" now will display file1.txt, while clicking "Forward" will display file3.txt. Clicking a new link will replace file3.txt and remove file4.txt from the history.

The buttons should also disable/enable themselves when clicking them would have no result, like when at the start or end of the list.

As an alternative to Back/Forward buttons, perhaps a <back></back> tag we could insert into our files that would have the same functionality.

Sorry for editing so much. In the vain hope a dev sees this I felt it best my idea was presented as clearly as possible. I apologize for any posts following this that do not make sense as a result

Last edited by FennyX : 07-18-2003 at 12:26 AM.
FennyX is offline   Reply With Quote