User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #76
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

... and our patience, don't forget us, poor player with no creative nor technical skills waitng axiously for a first release
Old 06-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #77
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

I just wanted to let everyone know that the first release of EQ2UI has been made available to the Sha`Kahr Supporters (http://www.shakahr.com/live/) and will be made public soon!

In exchange for his help, I've decided to make all pre-Release versions of EQ2UI first available on Shakahr.com to supporters before making the builds public.

As we move into the beta phase for EQ2UI, this thread will be falling out of use and another will be created both here on EQInterface as well as a primary thread located at http://www.shakahr.com/live/forums/...read.php?t=288.

Thank you everyone for sticking with me through all of this!

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Elezibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 06:37 AM   #78
Bilgort
A Ghoul

Default Oh how exciting

Its coming along! This is great. I'm very excited. As others have said I also agree that you should /bug SOE and make them hire you to make this the default EQ 1 interface. SOE should have implemented it themselves when they made the UI for EQ 2 but seeing as you've done it for them and done such a fine job they should pay you for it. This is like a second generation UI if you can actually categorize UI's into generations. I just love how much of the game can be seen without obstructions AND there is the nice borders and little touches that make it look so great.

I can't wait for the first public release!

~Bilgort
Bilgort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #79
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Default Re: Oh how exciting

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilgort
Its coming along! This is great. I'm very excited. As others have said I also agree that you should /bug SOE and make them hire you to make this the default EQ 1 interface. SOE should have implemented it themselves when they made the UI for EQ 2 but seeing as you've done it for them and done such a fine job they should pay you for it. This is like a second generation UI if you can actually categorize UI's into generations. I just love how much of the game can be seen without obstructions AND there is the nice borders and little touches that make it look so great.

I can't wait for the first public release!

~Bilgort

Though it would be great to work for Sony, I'm afraid there is no reason why they should pay for the design we are doing here. The original concept behind the EQ2UI interface stems from the real EQ2 Interface that is owned by SOE.

Thanks for your praise!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #80
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Elizabeth sold out to the Sha`Kahr cult and now we all must suffer.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #81
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
Elizabeth sold out to the Sha`Kahr cult and now we all must suffer.

Wow, were you born this smart or did your parents drop you on your head a few times when you were young?

Allow me to quote myself...

Quote:
In exchange for his help, I've decided to make all pre-Release versions of EQ2UI first available on Shakahr.com to supporters before making the builds public.

Any questions Mortis?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:57 PM   #82
Drakah
Skinning Guru

btw & fyi, my site works closely with eqinterface as I have always done from the beginning as well as working with Tking before Sigl on his own site where he did his creations. I do not take kindly to rude remarks as being a "cult" and I am sure the admins/users do not care to hear it either.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:08 PM   #83
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Sounds like hes just jokeing around to me....

If not then indeed it doesnt make me happy to see that.

But the way I read it was he was just jokeing. *shrug*
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #84
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby
Sounds like hes just jokeing around to me....

If not then indeed it doesnt make me happy to see that.

But the way I read it was he was just jokeing. *shrug*

If I took it wrong then I appologize, I just took it how I did since there wasn't any form of smiley or anything to explain it all.

I love EQ Interface and would hate to think that people here would feel that any of my work was 'sold off' to Sha`Kahr given that I've taken an Admin role over there and am going to begin working on some projects with Drakah.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:46 PM   #85
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

EQ2UI Revision 1 will be made public sometime in the next few days, keep your eyes open for a new BETA thread!
Old 06-12-2004, 05:45 PM   #86
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Yes it was a joke.

It saddens me that such respected people in this community could not give me the benifit of doubt. I had thought that I had a better reputation around here.

In my own defense, let me quote the M-W dictionary:
Quote:
great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

I apologise, but I often forget that most people consider only the most common definitions for most words.

I was refering to the devotion that Drakah, and Sha'Kahr, has show to EQInterface, and the EQUI.

Thanks Dolby
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:20 PM   #87
Bilgort
A Ghoul

Default I thought you were joking too

I never thought it was anything else other than a joke as well. I was suprised at how your post was taken. I've had the same thing happen to me though, ONCE and now whenever I make jokes I MAKE SURE to include tons of smiley faces and do everything in my power to make sure people know its a joke. In this world you are garanteed that if anything you say can be taken two ways and one is worse than the other it will be taken for the worse. I guess people just expect the worst. Personally I always expect that people are good natured and I use the traditional "until proven guilty" approach. I find it serves me well.

I am in no way saying anyone did anything wrong in mis-interpreting either though. No matter how hard we all try there will be miscommunications on forums because humans just need to see the facial expressions and tones that go along with messages and message boards can provide us neither. Thats why we have emoticons but of course WE HAVE TO REMEMBER TO USE THEM so they aren't perfect either.

Bilgort
Old 06-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #88
Bilgort
A Ghoul

Default A question about the UI

Will it be possible to have a horizontal spell bar option? I'm assuming that the hotbuttons are going to be in a horizontal fashion like the EQ 2 interface but I'm not sure about the spells just because I know how famous it is to have them vertical. I'd like to have my spell bar out of the viewport. I'd actually like it if the buffs could be kept out of the viewport too but I don't know if thats possible because it just doesn't look like there is room. Maybe in the 1280 x 1024 version?

Bilgort
Old 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM   #89
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Default Re: A question about the UI

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilgort
Will it be possible to have a horizontal spell bar option? I'm assuming that the hotbuttons are going to be in a horizontal fashion like the EQ 2 interface but I'm not sure about the spells just because I know how famous it is to have them vertical. I'd like to have my spell bar out of the viewport. I'd actually like it if the buffs could be kept out of the viewport too but I don't know if thats possible because it just doesn't look like there is room. Maybe in the 1280 x 1024 version?

Bilgort

Actually, just to note, the actual spell bar will be posted horizontally at the bottom of the screen. (Black Area).

The Icons you are seeing to the right side of the screen are Spell Effects.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:37 PM   #90
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
Yes it was a joke.

It saddens me that such respected people in this community could not give me the benifit of doubt. I had thought that I had a better reputation around here.

In my own defense, let me quote the M-W dictionary:

I apologise, but I often forget that most people consider only the most common definitions for most words.

I was refering to the devotion that Drakah, and Sha'Kahr, has show to EQInterface, and the EQUI.

Thanks Dolby

Then, as I said before, I appologize for the misinterpertation of your post. I truly do not hold hard feelings on the internet since as the old saying goes...

"Fighting on the Internet is like the Special Olympics... Even if you win you're still retarded."

No hard feelings on my end.
Closed Thread