Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #76
steveeyes
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner
Why are you copying anything from the default folder? The only files that need to be in your custom folder are the ones that are diffrent from the default. When you load a custom UI if a file is not preasent it loads that file from default. So.... Unless it is a custom file no need to replace it this way SOE can moddify files and it won't affect UI. (pearl necklace issue when they added new icons). And this is most likely why I only had ".XML errors" today and not complete crash to Default

I can't tell you why it worked, only that it did work. I tried Haliken's fix first (without copying the SIDL file), and it did not fix my SARS UI at all.

A guildie told me that, in addition to Haliken's fix, he also copied his SIDL.xml file from his default UI to his SARS UI and it worked for him. In reading this post, I also saw that copying that file also has worked for others using SARS. So I copied the file to my SARS UI, and my UI worked immediately after that.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #77
SmileyFAAce_

Default Default Old not working.. use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSnap
Default OLD UI not working either. When I select it in-game it goes through the normal loading process (freezes the game for a minute) but then never loads it, it just goes back to the default.

Use Haliken's
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4612

Read Haliken's notes.

SmileyFAAce_

/waves hi to Haliken
Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #78
SmileyFAAce_

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeyes
I can't tell you why it worked, only that it did work. I tried Haliken's fix first (without copying the SIDL file), and it did not fix my SARS UI at all.

A guildie told me that, in addition to Haliken's fix, he also copied his SIDL.xml file from his default UI to his SARS UI and it worked for him. In reading this post, I also saw that copying that file also has worked for others using SARS. So I copied the file to my SARS UI, and my UI worked immediately after that.

Im confused.
"A guildie told me that, in addition to Haliken's fix, he also copied his SIDL.xml file from his default UI to his SARS UI and it worked for him"

Your guildie did halikens fix, and copied whose SIDL.xlm.. from whos default?.

Your guildie did halikens fix.. and your guildie also copied from " Default " the SIDL.xlm ?..

After countless attempts in the game with players that have two files of everquest.. two folders of uifiles in there machine..these players not knowing EXACTLY how to do things.. Reading this would make them confused. It makes one be very specific. thanks

SmileyFAAce_
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #79
zhezha
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finamdar

Confirmed, thanks.
zhezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #80
steveeyes
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce_
Im confused.
"A guildie told me that, in addition to Haliken's fix, he also copied his SIDL.xml file from his default UI to his SARS UI and it worked for him"

Your guildie did halikens fix, and copied whose SIDL.xlm.. from whos default?.

Your guildie did halikens fix.. and your guildie also copied from " Default " the SIDL.xlm ?..

After countless attempts in the game with players that have two files of everquest.. two folders of uifiles in there machine..these players not knowing EXACTLY how to do things.. Reading this would make them confused. It makes one be very specific. thanks

SmileyFAAce_

I would have thought it's rather obvious that my guildie does not have access to Haliken's computer or default files (none of which are linked on this thread). Re-read again my statement that you quoted - do you honestly think somehow I'm referencing Haliken with my pronouns, even though it would make no sense with the rest of the sentence, and there would be absolutely no reason why I would have led off the sentence with specific reference to my guildie?

And even if you somehow were "confused" by my use of pronouns, it should have no bearing on understanding the point that was conveyed, as the two readings that you could take from my post even if you mixed up the pronoun references are either (1) my guildie copied my guildie's file from my guildie's default UI folder to my guildie's custom UI folder, or (2) Haliken copied Haliken's file from Haliken's default UI folder to Haliken's custom UI folder (although why I'd know of or be referencing something Haliken did that Haliken did not state in this thread would seem to be quite the mystery). Or maybe even you thought my guildie has access to Haliken's default file (even though everyone has the same default file - thus, it's the "default") and copied Haliken's default file to my guildie's UI folder.

Either way, under any of the above scenarious, you get to the same outcome. Copy the file from your (or Haliken's, if you have access to his computer!) default UI folder to your custom UI folder.
steveeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #81
sneekypeeks
A Gray Wolf

Any rogues have a fix for Carianna's old UI? Using her new one atm, and while it is quite nice, I miss my old one. I borked it without backing it up so now I don't have the original to work with.
sneekypeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #82
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanadenye
I use Delta X to play eq. I found a simple temperory fix for this UI. In Delta X folder, you simply remove the file, SIDL.xml, or rename it to something else. It is the work around for me this time.

Also, I use default EQUI.xml and EQUI_Animations.xml files too.

you don't use the animations file with delta x?
the version my boyfriend uses has never had the sidl.xml file, but i've been having to keep the animations file up-to-date for him.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #83
medicator2001
A Fire Beetle

Default Shadowzek

After reading through most of the posts on this website, and seeing how many other ui's Halikens fix worked form, I took a chance and tried it. I can comfirm that this does work for the shadowzek UI. Took me like 6 hrs to remember what I had to do in Vista to change my ui files located in my program files, but it is done lol. Thanks to all for their assistance and patience with those that needed the help.
medicator2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #84
nymetz86
A Ghoul

TY Ianex for the help on Sars. One question for anyone here anyone kno of a fix for the damn pearl necklace graphic for like any damn sof item?
nymetz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #85
SmileyFAAce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeyes
I would have thought it's rather obvious that my guildie does not have access to Haliken's computer or default files (none of which are linked on this thread). Re-read again my statement that you quoted - do you honestly think somehow I'm referencing Haliken with my pronouns, even though it would make no sense with the rest of the sentence, and there would be absolutely no reason why I would have led off the sentence with specific reference to my guildie?

And even if you somehow were "confused" by my use of pronouns, it should have no bearing on understanding the point that was conveyed, as the two readings that you could take from my post even if you mixed up the pronoun references are either (1) my guildie copied my guildie's file from my guildie's default UI folder to my guildie's custom UI folder, or (2) Haliken copied Haliken's file from Haliken's default UI folder to Haliken's custom UI folder (although why I'd know of or be referencing something Haliken did that Haliken did not state in this thread would seem to be quite the mystery). Or maybe even you thought my guildie has access to Haliken's default file (even though everyone has the same default file - thus, it's the "default") and copied Haliken's default file to my guildie's UI folder.

Either way, under any of the above scenarious, you get to the same outcome. Copy the file from your (or Haliken's, if you have access to his computer!) default UI folder to your custom UI folder.

Haliken is famous for his Old_Default..Oh .. here is his link:http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4612
now then, re read what i linked you said that didnt make sence. I did not understand you clearly.. IT COULD have ment that your " guildy " copied a file from Halikens default..... (link above ).. which interested me due to the fact alot use hallikens work for there benifit as I have.
I did NOT mean to ruffle your feathers.. you know what.. I see you ranting and raving.. 1.. bla bla bla.. 2 bla bla bla.. pronouns ect...I stoped reading the rest of it.. Im a positive person.

I am very busy doing alot of updates for players I know. Posting fixes and sugestions for people out of my kindness. Sorting out issues of the site misplacing my one complets set on accident.. AND real life. I Really don't have the time to argue or mess with this. Sorry again you got your thoughts negetively.

I have no more comments. I highly sugest you don't either.

SmileyFAAce_

PS .. all we had to do was update animations and our UI's work fine...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #86
Molz
A Snow Griffin

Default hotkeys messed up

I corrected my animations file but now some of my hotkeys are acting weird. I click on my buffs bandolier hotkey and it sends a tell to group that I am rezzing my target.

I also can't seem to mem some spells from the drop down menu
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #87
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That's an EQ bug and not related to UIs whatsoever Molz. It'll take a patch to fix. The way to avoid it: don't change characters without restarting EQ. It's a memory issue. The task window is also having problems.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #88
Molz
A Snow Griffin

ohhh you are correct, i just changed to default to check it out and yep still can't mem some spells from drop down menu. I have 42 pages of spells and I can't find gate!! ~LOL~
Molz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #89
SmileyFAAce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molz
I corrected my animations file but now some of my hotkeys are acting weird. I click on my buffs bandolier hotkey and it sends a tell to group that I am rezzing my target.

I also can't seem to mem some spells from the drop down menu

What an amazing photo you have there.. thats pretty. Almost wanted to try to touch the monitor to feal the gems raised off the screen :P..
hugs.

SmileyFAAce_
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #90
lanadenye
A Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudilukudzu
you don't use the animations file with delta x?
the version my boyfriend uses has never had the sidl.xml file, but i've been having to keep the animations file up-to-date for him.

I don't use the animations file that comes with Delta. I use the default one.
lanadenye is offline   Reply With Quote