Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #106
futurem0nkey
A Gray Wolf

I've started using Solaria with my melee character and I really like it a lot so far.

However, here are a few nitpicky complaints that you are free to ignore

The number one thing that bugs me about Solaria is the fact that spell gem hotkey colors are a little difficult to differentiate. For example, using the default UI, targeted AE spells have a green gem, point blank AE spells have a blue gem, single target spells have a red gem, self-only have yellow...etc. Sometimes spells of different types may share the same icon, so the color coding is important (to me, at least). I honestly didn't realize how much I relied on the color coding until Solaria made it hard to use If this doesn't make sense I can post screenshots to illustrate.

The only other complaint I have is that I wish the stats in the player window used a teensy bit larger font.

Other than that, hooray for Solaria.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #107
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by futurem0nkey
I've started using Solaria with my melee character and I really like it a lot so far.

However, here are a few nitpicky complaints that you are free to ignore

The number one thing that bugs me about Solaria is the fact that spell gem hotkey colors are a little difficult to differentiate. For example, using the default UI, targeted AE spells have a green gem, point blank AE spells have a blue gem, single target spells have a red gem, self-only have yellow...etc. Sometimes spells of different types may share the same icon, so the color coding is important (to me, at least). I honestly didn't realize how much I relied on the color coding until Solaria made it hard to use If this doesn't make sense I can post screenshots to illustrate.

The only other complaint I have is that I wish the stats in the player window used a teensy bit larger font.

Other than that, hooray for Solaria.

did you download 2.0? With 2.0 they redid the Spell gems over so that the color behind the whole gem and name of spell is now the color of spell type. Make sure you dont try to use the old spell gems with out names or with names, the new one ONLY has names and you can not use the old ones from beta 1.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:16 AM   #108
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal

I love version 2, EXCEPT the buff window icons are too small to see on my 1280x1024 viewscreen. Please enlarge or make an alternate version for my resolution. Thanks.

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Old 07-16-2003, 01:48 AM   #109
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

I got to tell you that this is shapeing up to be the best UI i have seen. And now that i can incorperate the 4x2 spell gem it's even better.
Lag is way down on my end and nothing else seems wrong with it.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:52 PM   #110
xilr
A Ghoul

Default ...

Im of the opinion that this is ready for release....
Old 07-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #111
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by xilr
Im of the opinion that this is ready for release....

Sokol and I are still addressing two additional items before we do a full release in all colors..

1. Hotbuttons with Clickies.. we want to see if we can make this the same width as the rest of our windows.

2. Pet window, we are working on switching the tabs, so that those with pets will get the pet commands first instead of stats..

once we get those two items finished and tested will should be ready for a full release.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 07-16-2003, 06:26 PM   #112
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

please address the issue of having another "version" for 1280x1024 users. I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Correction: all i really care about is making the buff window icons bigger for 1280x1024. They're too hard to see/read as it is now.

Last edited by Jentraal : 07-16-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #113
chaosbunny
A Gray Wolf

i agree with the 1280x1024 issue above poster said and have one other.

I know you said no request issues but wanted to point out a weird thing i noticed... Personally i hate the spellbook in solaria but that just me... so i added Tkings spellbook for my class... Undead animated.... And it works great with one small issue it shoes black outlines on the spell icons in the spellbook instead of the color of the spell that shows if i use it in say Drakah UI instead.

Small issue and shouldnt make me stop using it.

IM really excited about the pet changes. Can you also look into making the Attack button doubly big for the pet users... Just twice as high... or twice as high and wide would be great. just a suggestion.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #114
Ardecki
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rathe

I dislike the Spell books, they are to small. and I never move around with them open.

I removed the EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml and it gives the normal size looking spell book. Which I want. I havent seen any graphic problems with removing that file.

I am hopeing that adding the Chat cast bar mod will be as easy when it done.

I play a Ranger and I do a lot of pulling for my guild. I would prefer the buffs windows to be larger.

I love the new Cast bar! It is great.

I haven't seen any problems or had any issues with 2.0

Keep up the great work.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:45 PM   #115
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jentraal
please address the issue of having another "version" for 1280x1024 users. I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Correction: all i really care about is making the buff window icons bigger for 1280x1024. They're too hard to see/read as it is now.

the buff window is set at 155pix and it is set to show the entire name of any buff you have on you.. The Icon's are errealivant, especially with the whole name showing.

I have no trouble reading what buff I have on me, or what buff I am losing and i play at 1280x1024.

I do not forsee any changed to the buff window, as this UI is now you can play at 1280x1024 and have a 996x772 viewport set and everthing fits on the left and right side.

I have gotten many feedbacks about the buff window and even people at 1600x800 love the buff window.

It might depend on the monitor size. as one person posted they were on a 17" monitor and playing at 1280x1024. of course its going to be tiny.. on at 17" monitor i would not go above 1152x860 because its all going to be tiny..

here is the part people forget..

the only thing that doesnt change size with your resolution is the UI, sooo if the UI looks toooo small, then change your resolution down one click.. your getting the same amount of game screen (ie what you see in game) the only difference is the UI is alittle bigger.

PS. I am evaluating the Spellbook feedback, that has not been as positive as I had hoped, it may get a revamp, but not sure yet.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #116
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Well, my viewport is set to this:

At these settings, I have to squint to read the words on the buff window using 1280x1024 resolution. I'm not willling to try another viewport setting because it's set exactly that way to fit my personal preference of how I position my windows.

I guess my only option then is to try a lower res and if that doesn't work, stop using the UI alltogether.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:20 PM   #117
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jentraal
Well, my viewport is set to this:

At these settings, I have to squint to read the words on the buff window using 1280x1024 resolution. I'm not willling to try another viewport setting because it's set exactly that way to fit my personal preference of how I position my windows.

I guess my only option then is to try a lower res and if that doesn't work, stop using the UI alltogether.

What Size monitor are you using?
Old 07-18-2003, 08:32 PM   #118
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ardecki
I dislike the Spell books, they are to small. and I never move around with them open.

I removed the EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml and it gives the normal size looking spell book. Which I want. I havent seen any graphic problems with removing that file.

I am hopeing that adding the Chat cast bar mod will be as easy when it done.

I play a Ranger and I do a lot of pulling for my guild. I would prefer the buffs windows to be larger.

I love the new Cast bar! It is great.

I haven't seen any problems or had any issues with 2.0

Keep up the great work.

I have tried to keep make solaria not only lag free but truly modular, being able to use any of the existing vert spell gem windows is one, and the spell book the other, I'm glad so far theres no problems there except the Tking book version stated above which I'll look into.

The existing chat cast mod will work 100% error free.

Please understand there are MANY more things I'd like to do, especialy making things more modular/path proof, but I am taking each and every step slowly as the main goal is to combine this with a lower lag UI.

I'm very pleased with the feed back thus far, and it has been very constructive and informative.

As for the buff's I'll talk it over with Kudane, see next post for more info.

-Sokol

Last edited by Kudane : 07-19-2003 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #119
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane

I do not forsee any changed to the buff window, as this UI is now you can play at 1280x1024 and have a 996x772 viewport set and everthing fits on the left and right side.

I will after solaria is released make a Buff window mod, Kudane is refering to the Default Buff window, which most people like and it is deserving of it's status as the default buff window for Solaria, but don't Fret I'm here and will work somthing out after Solaria is up an running.

-Sokol
Old 07-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #120
Doclotus
A Gray Wolf

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Doclotus Send a message via Yahoo to Doclotus
Default Spellbook and Buff Gems

As much as I like looking at the t.king artwork, I find it difficult to use in the game from a reading perspective. I guess I'm too used to the old buff and spell icons.

Is there any way to just use the default artwork/icons and take advantage of the rest of the wonderful interface?

Thanks,

Doc

edit: Nm, through my keen intuitive powers (yeah right) I was able to figure it out. Wanted to keep the feedback here though.

Last edited by Doclotus : 07-19-2003 at 12:15 PM.