User Name
Password

Old 05-06-2004, 10:22 PM   #16
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally posted by woodyfriedt
Heck I haven't even been able to get a group in any of the GoD content and they want me to buy an addition to it? LMAO! I'll wait thanks.

I have to agree and add another reason: How about fixing the current problems, before creating a new expansion with more problems. We all have been dealing with the current graphics problems and I for one don't see very much improvement. I just can't see spending another 30 bucks just to have more problems.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:52 PM   #17
nwinn
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: druzzil ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I would rather just give them another $29.99 to make GoD and LDoN as good as they could/should have been on release.

Old 05-07-2004, 01:12 AM   #18
bumkitti
A Fire Beetle

Server: Firiona
Send a message via AIM to bumkitti Send a message via Yahoo to bumkitti

Well just from checking out the site there were a couple things I liked, mainly the guild tribute system, the new epics, and the titles being available "across all levels". I'll probably end up with it but likely not on my own...my ex tends to keep me updated so I can keep up with him and he's obssessed with having the most current stuff. I do agree with those who would rather see SOE actually fix the problems we've already seen, its so pointless to put out expansion after expansion when there are so many problems. This is what, the third expansion in less than a year? Compared to 6 over 4 years previous?
bumkitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:20 AM   #19
doodelproblems
A Bat

Quote:
I'm sorry but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Nothing on that list really sounds like it's worth ANOTHER 30 dollars. I think SOE has major brass ballz (this is nothing new, but they are just proving it again) for making people pay for this stuff. Everything on that list could have, and should have just been patched in.

I love EQ, but this just shows me how little respect they have for us, their playerbase (which again, I already knew but it stills irks me when they do stuff like this).

Amen!
doodelproblems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #20
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Fix those quests, zones, collisjon first imho.

Rewamp those zones that is empty.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:41 AM   #21
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Follow the Wayfarers Brotherhood to the war-ravaged Realm of Discord to help end the tyrannical ways of the Muramites once and for all. Mata Muram, the leader of the Muramites, is rumored to be building the ultimate invading army. It's up to you to thwart his plans.

As most of the description concerns Discord - will GoD be needed to play OoW?

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:29 AM   #22
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
I've wanted to rip kenney on his posts for like 2 years but have always held back 'cause I was worried the admins would scold me...

I didnt rip on Kenney, I asked him to at least use proper spelling and english if he was going to Flame SOE..

Nothing I said was rude, it was merely offering tips on where corrections should be made.

As an admin, I would never "rip on" one of our posters... but I do try and help when spelling and grammer are horrible.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #23
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
As an admin, I would never "rip on" one of our posters... but I do try and help when spelling and grammer are horrible.

/bow

OK, that's cool. Now Rip SOE for not correcting the current Graphics problems before they add an expansion with New Graphics and want 30 bucks to get even More Graphics Problems.

Last edited by Kudane : 05-07-2004 at 04:48 PM.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:05 AM   #24
Denaddili
A Gray Wolf

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
you can type with two fingers, miss-spelling words is one thing, hitting SUBMIT without re-reading what you wrote and seeing the typos is another

I know people who cant type at all, they still know how to spell and proof read

The T is not close to the D... and there is no F in Enough

And if you want me to tell your mother you can't spell I will gladly tell her, just PM me with email address and I will whip something nice up for her.

/bow

Hehe As a mage i feel left out of the dire charm thing i should be able to dire charm elementals and summoned creatures!

65th Magician of Mithaniel Marr
Proud Officer of Journey of Enlightenment
Denaddili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #25
Denaddili
A Gray Wolf

Server: Prexus

I'm a dork LOL i hit quote on the wrong post!!!!! This is the post i was suppose to quote!

[quoteI've wanted to rip kenney on his posts for like 2 years but have always held back 'cause I was worried the admins would scold me...

Anway, I will get this expansion because:
1) new level cap (I don't WANT it to go up, but since it is, you can bet I'll race my friends to 70)
2) post 65 mage pets, oh man, I can't wait
3) new AA, got pet affinity, elemental durability, run speed 5, more new ones is nice (they better not give me dire charm)
4) Epic 2.0, I don't use Epic 1.0, so here's hoping 2.0 is an awesome Epic Pet 2.0
5) Guild tribute system, neat!

Enok[/quote]
Denaddili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #26
Endeidra
A Fire Beetle

Default Please, no Epic 2.0!

Nothing has caused more KSing, training, and people just generally being unplesant to each other than epics. Remember all the folks that quit your guild because, "I'm not getting any help with my epic!" Remember the folks that quit your guild with a, "thanks for the epic I got yesterday!"

Epics made people fight with their friends, their guild, other guilds, other people, and just generally turn into whiney babies. I thought I read somewhere that Sony didn't want to put in Epic 2 for these very reasons. Now they're going ahead and doing it? Unbelievable.

At least it will be awhile before most people have to deal with this stuff. It looks like Epic 2.0 is aimed at the same folks that Epic 1.0 was aimed it -- the folks in the end game currently.
Endeidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:35 AM   #27
metrosnowblind
A Crystal Gargoyle

This is definitely not a stupid expansion by any means, as some may have said. Raising the level cap does three notable things.

For those of us at the high-end of PoP (elemental/Time), it means that Sony will rework the encounters so you can't 3-group them or something ridiculous like that. That means fresh, more difficult, and more interesting encounters.

For the people working on GoD right now, it means a slightly more viable way to deal with the insanely difficult encounters in the newest expansion.

And for everyone else, it means getting into VT and elementals is going to be really easy. Pretty soon your average mid-level Luclin guild is going to be experiencing an even easier VT, with even easier attained loots, which will vault them into elementals. Places like PoE and PoF in the planes have the potential to turn into BoT2.0.

Also, the epic2.0 is an interesting twist that forces people to try GoD (which most find to be very fun/challenging). Nothing wrong with trying to give people an incentive to try your content. Imo this expansion has the potential of being very interesting and will definitely change EQ on all levels.
Terris-Thule
metrosnowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:06 AM   #28
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

Most of the advertised content seems to be from some of the class boards .So at least SOE is list'n to us some what.I woun't hold my breath tho for actual content for Paladins (since last 3 expansions content for Paladins was less than useful).

As far as proper grammer an corect spelling or typeing,im probly in the minority here but the writen (or typed) word is a strugle to use "corectly".One of my old art teachers said it has someting to do with which side of the brain one uses more .People with atistic drive she said have more problems expressing them selves corectly with the writ'n word./shrug

Best to re-read your post out loud .If i just had a nickel for each time i tried to post on a subject an in the haste of posting my thought ( comiting it to paper so to speak before it gets away from me) ,i'd leave out a few (mispelled or other wise)words heh.

As far as the admin's ripping a poster .This is probly the best run site i vist .An imho their is nothing wrong with pointing out one can't throw stones in a glass house .i.e. cant ask them to fix their mistakes when we dont try to corect our own.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:05 AM   #29
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

Blah ... like i care what you say, you look stupid just complaining about it.. lol

So if you want to rip on me, say bad things about me, put me down.. I say go ahead your a big man/lady..

ohh but the way did you know my mom wears combat boots? < lol old school joke>
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #30
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Yet another end game Expansion on the market. Granted its got new recipes and skills, it seems tempered for the high end market, yet again...

But not to mention with the recent patch and from reading what coming.. sounds like EQ taking traits from other games into thiers.

Increased hit regen when resting - Horizon's been doing that since the beginning. Though I am sure another ORPG probably did it before them, but I don't know for sure since I haven't had much play time with some other ORPGs from the EQ era.

Tasks - Dark Age of Camelot...

EQ is starting to morph into the ever growing Generic MMORPG instead of being an exclusive enterprise all of its own.

But don't get me wrong, this isn't a bitch and moan post. I will probably buy the expansion, just so I have access to some of the things that will come with the game, just to have them and to keep my list of expansions alive with material.

And before someone goes to the horn and starts tooting. Yes I am falling into SOE purchase trap of "If you want the bonus stuff you gotta buy it even though you may never use it." But you know what, I bought a lot of my D&D stuff in the past the same way. But you know what else, later on during my game, I did need it, and guess what... I had it available to me at that moment for when I did.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote