Old 07-14-2004, 05:39 AM   #1
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan
Default Patch Message 14th July

7/14/2004

Headlines!
-------------------
Veeshan's Peak has been re-worked. Enjoy the new challenge.
A new Adventure Zone appears on Stormhammer.
You can now remove augments without losing them.

Veeshan's Peak!
-------------------
With this revamp we have Updated the level and NPC list for the zone: Please note that this zone is now an elemental level zone! The entry quest to Veeshan’’s Peak has been changed. The original key quest has not been modified. However, the new entry quest uses the old key and offers an alternate quest to do instead of the original key quest.

- Items in the zone are now of elemental planes quality.
- Faction now matters: Dragons in Veeshan’s Peak will now speak to players if you have the correct faction and can understand them.
- New quests and lore: The dragons in Veeshan’s Peak will now give players the option to acquire items through questing for them.
- The zone is now an exp zone as well: Hunting in the areas before the dragons yields experience and loot.

New Adventure Zone for Stormhammer
-------------------
Stormhammer gains a new adventure zone. This is a 2 group adventure zone for characters of level 65.

Can you help the Eldritch Collective find and rescue Professor Bartleby Beckelbracker? Search the Desert of Ro for the whereabouts of Bartleby and his assistant Bomo and try to save them from the steel clutches of their enemies.

Augment Removal *
-------------------
- You can now purchase special "distillers" that will remove augmentations without destroying them. These distillers are sold by a merchant in Butcherblock. The item inspect window for an augmentation will tell you which distiller is required to remove it.

- The existing solvents can still be used to destroy an augmentation if you don't want to keep it. You no longer need a different solvent for each augmentation slot. The interface will allow you to select which augmentation you wish to delete.

- For those with custom UI's, you will need to update your EQ_Container.xml file in order to use the new augment window.

Pets *
-------------------
- Zoning pets are in. Persistent pet data includes: Items, Spell Effects, hit points, mana, name, height, and mana cost to summon them. All PC summoned pets should zone with you in all instances except for when you die. Pets will also follow the same rules as no rent items if you log with a pet.

- Pets can be shrunk again. Please wash them in only Cold water to prevent inadvertently reducing their size.

Tribute Changes *
-------------------
- Some items have had their favor value lowered.

- Players will now "Pre-pay" for tribute benefits. When benefits are activated, the player will immediately be charged for those benefits from their Favor pool. After that, the player will be charged every 10 minutes for the next 10 minutes of benefit. If benefits are deactivated before the timer is depleted, no refund is given for the time remaining.

- Players now have the ability to activate/deactivate the tribute benefits they've selected (as a whole) whenever they like using a button on the Tribute Benefit Window. However, every time the player activates his benefits, he will be "Pre-pay" (see above). The ability to change selected benefits (downgrade) away from the Tribute Master has been removed.

- When visiting a Tribute Master, the player's benefits will deactivate. Players may re-organize their selected benefit load, but will not be able to "preview" the benefits (seeing the effect on their character when the benefit is selected). Benefit descriptions should give the player a good indication of what the benefit will do when activated.

- The EQ Label that shows the Tribute Benefit Timer will now show green when benefits are active and gray when they are not.

Item Changes
-------------------
- Manastones will no longer work in Forgotten Halls. It was not intended for the item to be used there and some naughty folks were taking advantage of the zone.

- Malcohm Thimbleton, in the Plane of Knowledge will now swap out some Robe Graphic items for Tunic Graphics. *

- The Staff of Revealed Secrets now has a 2hb weapon model instead of the little stick it had before. Enjoy your bigger stick.

UI Changes
-------------------
- It is now possible to display your mana as a numeric value on your inventory screen. *
- By mousing over your buff icons, you will now be able to see the buffs remaining duration. *

Berserkers
-------------------
- Berserkers now have innate crits beginning at level 12.
- Tainted Axe of Hatred now comes in stacks of 20.

Additional Notes
-------------------
- You now have the ability to sell back LDoN items and augments to the adventure merchants for a percentage of their original cost. *

- We have increased the number of NPC debuff slots from 30 to 50. Necromancers rejoice. *

- The Doppleganger AA's re-use timer has been reduced to 30 minutes. *

- Sprint and Planeswalk have had their movement rate increased. *

- Beware! Many named mobs in Gates will now summon.

- The Hide all traders option, for the Bazaar, will no longer need to be reset each time you enter the zone. *

- /stopspellcast will no longer give spells recast delays.

- Leadership: Group/Raid mark npc should now update for people that are added to the group or raid.

- Main assist will no longer clear if the main assist zones.

- Bards should once again play the stringed instrument animation when playing a stringed instrument song.

- Hynid fleshrippers, tide feasters, and shore stonemites in Natimbi no longer hit so hard.

-- The EverQuest Team

*Denotes a change requested by the community
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:23 AM   #2
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

These are the kind of updates that put a smile on my face. SOE, staff, ect, your definately starting to paint the picture correctly.

Cheers!
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
Lewzephyr
A Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitan
7/14/2004
UI Changes
-------------------
- It is now possible to display your mana as a numeric value on your inventory screen. *
- By mousing over your buff icons, you will now be able to see the buffs remaining duration. *

Anyone know if the feature of mousing over buff icon is inately in the code, or is it something that every UI is going to need to be patched?
56 Iksar Monk
Lewzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

Should be innate... its in the "tooltips" that come up when you mouse over (or hold alt). As far as I know they didn't add eqtypes for the numbers to display them all the time
Old 07-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
Kindidarx
A Hill Giant

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via Yahoo to Kindidarx
Default re

Hobart 07.12.04

EQ Programmer
Monday July 12th Update 5:00pm
- Fixed a bug with levitate where if you zoned into a zone where someone was levitating, you wouldn't see them bob, instead, they would just be floating in the air.

- The "Spell recovery not yet met." bug is fixed

- Changed LDoN equipment buy back to 70% of the original cost.

- Fixed a bug where players that are summoned weren’t receiving the "you have been summoned" message.
Kindidarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
wrennd
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rodcet Nife
Default Change to containers?

I read somewhere that the new ability to remove augments will require a change in containers. Anyone know if this is the case and what the changes are if it is required?
wrennd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #7
d1sc g0lf3r
A Bat

Quote:
For those with custom UI's, you will need to update your EQ_Container.xml file in order to use the new augment window.

I am using Qualtar's UI will he have to update the UI and then release an updated version? or is this something I can do on my own?
d1sc g0lf3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:02 PM   #8
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

For all of the information they added to the container it seems like it would have been better just to have been a separate window. I've been playing around with the container window and I don't know how I am going to get everything to fit. I tried logging in to see, but they still aren't letting people in from the patch (even though network status says my server is up). I know they said 9 hours, but I still had some hope.

Anyway, there is going to be a lot of tweaking in a lot of UIs to get that puppy to work.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
Remelio
Featured Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindidarx
Hobart 07.12.04

EQ Programmer
Monday July 12th Update 5:00pm
- Fixed a bug with levitate where if you zoned into a zone where someone was levitating, you wouldn't see them bob, instead, they would just be floating in the air.

- The "Spell recovery not yet met." bug is fixed

- Changed LDoN equipment buy back to 70% of the original cost.

- Fixed a bug where players that are summoned weren’t receiving the "you have been summoned" message.

With the POSSIBLE exception of 70% buyback, none of this made it in before they locked the code down for the patch unfortunately...
Remelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
Remelio
Featured Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffic
For all of the information they added to the container it seems like it would have been better just to have been a separate window. I've been playing around with the container window and I don't know how I am going to get everything to fit. I tried logging in to see, but they still aren't letting people in from the patch (even though network status says my server is up). I know they said 9 hours, but I still had some hope.

Anyway, there is going to be a lot of tweaking in a lot of UIs to get that puppy to work.

There is a thread on this over in the patch fixes forum.. Shouldn't be too hard considering that the window resizes itself. Pretty much just leave everything else the way it is now and add this stuff and you *should* be fine.

I agree 100% it should have been a seperate window like the tradeskill UI though. Was probably just easier for them to code it this way
Remelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #11
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Mithaniel Marr

The turning off & on of the tribute benefits is something that I had hoped for but had not seen anything of it going into this patch. I am very happy about this. I was getting very tired watching my tribute points burn away sitting LFG. Some players don't like having to wait on you going over to your hometown to turn on your tribute benefits so I usually just left mine on. This also means that I will probably max out my tribute benefits if I can turn them off when I don't need them (currently I was just using the Mana Regen benefits).

Leeam Frostfyre
LiamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #12
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remelio
There is a thread on this over in the patch fixes forum.. Shouldn't be too hard considering that the window resizes itself. Pretty much just leave everything else the way it is now and add this stuff and you *should* be fine.

I'm still learning, so I appreciate the information. I decided to log into test and try out the window. I ended up getting it so it looked right, but I don't have any augments to test any of it with, so I guess we will just wait and see. The funny thing to me is that it seems it is an extension of the container window, pushing everything way off to the side. The default container window had all of the pieces all the way on the righthand side. On the modded container window it was pushing the edge/border way out past the graphic. There was nothing in this area, so I was confused on why it was doing that. It definately is going to take a lot of tweaking for people.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote