Zycor
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Very Nice Awesome work..
Zycor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #17
Wildarie_Ranger
A Treant

w00000000t!!!!!! thank you Deallig!!!!!! You rock this thing is WONDERFUL!!!!! Amazing work from an amazing artist *hugs* thank you again!!
Wildarie_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:56 PM   #18
Randy
A Ghoul

Beautiful work ! It rocks.

~Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #19
Makani
A Hill Giant

Server: Terris-Thule

I was actually looking at putting the filagree around all the windows you did not.

Like AA, Bazaar, guild tool and such.

I was hoping there was a specific section to copy and paste.

Or like Drakah's where I just have to change the Draw Template Name.

You are right, there are a ton of "Filagree sections"

Worst part is that it doesn't seem to be uniform as to how many pieces there are.

Some have like 21 different pieces where others have like 7...
Makani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:26 PM   #20
Vorlan Tourach
A Bat

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Default Question

When I loaded the UI, I am unable to use the mouse for anything. It appears as if it is permenantly trying to move a chat box or window (stuck with the "cross-hairs"). I can't loot or do anything without manual keyboard commands. Any ideas or suggestions? I LOVE the look and feel of this UI and would like nothing more than to be able to use it, but I need functionality. Thanks in advance!

Vorlan Tourach
Shaman of the 53rd Winter

Dislizie Dashizie
Beastlord of the 9th N00bness
Vorlan Tourach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:56 AM   #21
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

I love the way this looks and would really like to use it but i can't cause my monitor won't let me play EQ in any resolution other than 1024X768. I read that you doubt on makeing the UI in this size but maybe you can tell us what to change to make it work in this size. Not everyone uses your dimensions and probably never will. But overall probably the best UI I've seen in a long time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stamp1.jpg (63.5 KB, 73 views)
Raijuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:23 AM   #22
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis

real nice !

i adopt it IF you add or (change the timer tab) a tab with the inventory and the eight bag slots in the action window ? )

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

edit : addendum:
- resizable chat windows please
- hotbuttons without the 4 slots on the right of it

and as i said : PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Last edited by Kunis Marfury : 03-12-2003 at 07:39 AM.
Kunis Marfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:45 AM   #23
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Vorlan Tourach
When I loaded the UI, I am unable to use the mouse for anything. It appears as if it is permenantly trying to move a chat box or window (stuck with the "cross-hairs"). I can't loot or do anything without manual keyboard commands. Any ideas or suggestions? I LOVE the look and feel of this UI and would like nothing more than to be able to use it, but I need functionality. Thanks in advance!

simply move the "invisible" window to the to edge of your screen and.. TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! it's the compass

keep movint it to the top, till you see the compass )
Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #24
demieker
A Bat

Server: xegony
Default Pet window

Is there a way to adept the petwindow not the be a side of the ui ?? the petwindow is kinda neat to use when casting

Ykai
56th Vah Shir Beastlord
Xegony
demieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #25
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
simply move the "invisible" window to the to edge of your screen and.. TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! it's the compass

This actually isn't necessary, if the ini file is copied ahead of time and you setup the GUI totally outside of EQ. If that is what you did, can you let me know the exact steps you went through?

Quote:
i adopt it IF you add or (change the timer tab) a tab with the inventory and the eight bag slots in the action window ? )

Quote:
hotbuttons without the 4 slots on the right of it

I highly doubt I would add this, The goal is to make the GUI work for as many people as possible. I can't add specific requests always.

Quote:
resizable chat windows please

This can't be done due to the way the graphics work for the chat windows. I wish I could.

Quote:
I was actually looking at putting the filagree around all the windows you did not.

Like AA, Bazaar, guild tool and such.

These will likely be all in the AddonPack I am going to do.

Quote:
I love the way this looks and would really like to use it but i can't cause my monitor won't let me play EQ in any resolution other than 1024X768. I read that you doubt on makeing the UI in this size but maybe you can tell us what to change to make it work in this size. Not everyone uses your dimensions and probably never will.

The problem here is two-fold. One, it is faily complex to change the GUI to fit a different resolution. Two, If I were to change it, the chat boxes would be VERY VERY narrow and tall, and the dashboard section of the GUI would cover about 45% of the screen. That is nearly half.

Daellig
Daellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #26
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Is there a way to adept the petwindow not the be a side of the ui ?? the petwindow is kinda neat to use when casting

Quote:
The actions window is a permanent part of the GUI. It is located in the lower right corner of the GUI and can be used to perform the same functions as the Pet Information window.

Daellig
Old 03-12-2003, 11:46 AM   #27
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
This actually isn't necessary, if the ini file is copied ahead of time and you setup the GUI totally outside of EQ. If that is what you did, can you let me know the exact steps you went through?

i can't talk for the others... but what i did : prepare my folder witouht being logged in (putting the melee group, choosing the 1280*1024 files, renaming the *.ini to match my name/server) and then copy the folder to UIfiles and the ini to everquest's root.
=> the compass was misplaced :/
i had 10 hard minutes to understand what was going on

Quote:
I highly doubt I would add this, The goal is to make the GUI work for as many people as possible. I can't add specific requests always.

dang !
now i'm sad... i guess i'll have to spend a few weeks trying to understand how it works :/

my points ae simple :
- the 4 slots of the ohtbutton window are quite "useless" and in 1280*1024 they take too much space
- the chat windows are, therefore, still in 1280*1024 too small
- the only lack of this UI, to me of course, just expressing my own user opinion on your great work () is a comfortable clicky window (and since not everyone has the same clickies, the best way to do it (still my opinion here ) is the way Cairenn did it => a mini full inventory with armor and bags

anyway this is an awesome UI !
Old 03-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #28
ZimaEQ
A Ghoul

I have yet to download this (but will tonight), but I have a question on the Chat Windows.

If they can't be resize, can I at least create new ones which may be resized? This will allow me to put all that battle spam off in one window.

Great Job... this will be my new UI for my Beastlord.
ZimaEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #29
Hmerly
A Gray Wolf

I love this UI, the look and the functionality. However, I am forced to not use it as the problem with the buffs/spells not being clickable sometimes drives me nuts. In a tough situation, I don't want to suddenly find out I have to hit alt-b/alt-s just to have access to my buffs/spells.

This was the same reason I didn't use this UI back when it first came out. I was sure you'd change this for this new version, but I presumed incorrectly.

I have to say, I love this UI's look and streamlined appearance. I only hope you'll do something to fix the problem I'm talking about. This is certainly a case of going too much in favor of form over function.
Hmerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #30
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
I love this UI, the look and the functionality. However, I am forced to not use it as the problem with the buffs/spells not being clickable sometimes drives me nuts. In a tough situation, I don't want to suddenly find out I have to hit alt-b/alt-s just to have access to my buffs/spells.

I agree that this is a pain. However it is a design limitation with the way the game engine loads the interface. I have no control over the layering of windows (z-order). I wish I did. The only thing I can say is try and get in the habbit of always making sure you have the buffs in front of the other windows when you begin a battle or get to your destination zone.

I noticed you said Alt+S, this seems odd. My spell bad always is clickable, I never have to turn it off and on to get in front of any windows to access it.

Quote:
i can't talk for the others... but what i did : prepare my folder witouht being logged in (putting the melee group, choosing the 1280*1024 files, renaming the *.ini to match my name/server) and then copy the folder to UIfiles and the ini to everquest's root.

This is weird. I have had this work perfectly sometimes, and others I have had to move the compass.

Quote:
my points ae simple :
- the 4 slots of the ohtbutton window are quite "useless" and in 1280*1024 they take too much space
- the chat windows are, therefore, still in 1280*1024 too small
- the only lack of this UI, to me of course, just expressing my own user opinion on your great work () is a comfortable clicky window (and since not everyone has the same clickies, the best way to do it (still my opinion here ) is the way Cairenn did it => a mini full inventory with armor and bags

The weapons on the hotbutton box are there for weapon swapping. This is far more useful in the 1600 version where you have the inventory available to you on the main interface. I kept it there in the 1280 versio due to balance. With the way the GUI is layed out, I can't make the hotbutton box skinnier without doing the same to the Actions Window. Unfortunatly, I cant have even 5 tabs (assuming I lost the timer) if the actions window is only as wide as a 2 button wide hottnutton box. If I lost the Stats page as well, then it might be feasable, but I am then faced with serious space sonstraints for the customizable buttons in the actions window.

As for the chat windows being to small in 1280, I just used a smaller font size in my chat windows on my other computer. (It can't support 1600.)

I could replace the timer tab on the Actions Window with a clicky window without to much effort. If I do, it will be available with the AddOnPack I am going to do woth the remaining windows in it. But that leaves us with the need for at least 5 if not 6 tabs on the action window and therefore a fatter hotbutton box.

Quote:
If they can't be resize, can I at least create new ones which may be resized? This will allow me to put all that battle spam off in one window.

The chat windows can't be resized because the everquest engine doesn't support tiling borders, it only stretches them. Therefore, if I made it sizable, and you resized it, the graphics would become totally skewed and distorted. You can however, create a new window and set its transparancy to 0 and have floating text that you could put anywhere on your screen. If you really want to resize the window you will need to find the line:

<Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>

in the <Screen item="ChatWindow"> section of the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml file and change it to <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>\

Actually, I don't think that would work either, because the chat windows don't have borders so you would have noting to grab onto to resize with.

Daellig

Last edited by Daellig : 03-12-2003 at 04:38 PM.