Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Abultre99
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle
Question TKing Inventory G2

hi

Im using Kaori 4.1 skin that works and looks very well (downloaded from this site). When i try to mix it with tking inventoryg2 i get kicked to default. error is [Line:150 Source:UIFiles\ainilye\EQUI_Inventory.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item TK_InventoryBag1.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Thx

Ainilye Dawnrazor
Abultre99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:28 PM   #2
Wokred
A Gray Wolf

Server: E'ci

I was working on my mix and match earlier today, first place I would look is in the EQUI.xml file for 2 entrys for it. Only way I know of to get this fixed is to load it in notepad and have it goto line number 150.

Hope this helps.

-- Wokred, E'ci
Wokred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This line:

[Line:150 Source:UIFiles\ainilye\EQUI_Inventory.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item TK_InventoryBag1

Means there are two objects called TK_InventoryBag1, one in the Inventory Window (since that's where the message says the error is, Line 150 of EQUI_Inventory.xml) and one in another window.

So - what other windows do you have that do/can display inventory slots? I'd suspect your Hotkey window, but it could be another. Easiest way to find out I can think of is to open suspect files in Notepad/Wordpad and Search for TK_InventoryBag1.

EDIT: DOH! Ignore me, listen to Cairenn!

Last edited by Kelric : 02-14-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:11 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

The problem is that Kaori copied all of the inventory information out of one of t.king's inventories and added it to the animations file. So any time you drop in a different t.king inventory, all of the information is duplicated. In order to fix it, you end up having to remove all the information from the animations file.

But it isn't even necessarily as straight forward as that. If you are using a t.king inventory that includes the tube gauges, just deleting the duplicated information from the animation file is enough. But if you are using a t.king inventory that does not have the tube gauges, you either have to go and change all the gauges in all of the other windows, or make sure you retain the coding information for them in the animations file.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
Abultre99
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle
Unhappy TubeGauges

Hi again

Thx all for replying.

I removed the information from the animations file like u said Cairenn and now, as u predicted i have a problem in group, player, target, pet info and action windows refering to the tube gauges missing.

I know nothing about html and therefore i'm going to need ur help again. shall i just go to the windows and remove all that refers to the tube gauges?

Plz help, i serched the forum but all that i found is a little technical to me...

what about retaining the information in the animation file, how do i do that?

Ainilye Dawnrazor
Abultre99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
kcinham swanton
A Bat

Default adf

i have same problem. i'm using kaori. but everytime i try to put any other inventory ui in.. it messes up... help anyone?
kcinham swanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #7
Drakah
Skinning Guru

The inventory was created with its own tags/graphics that does not need a EQUI_Animations file. Thus if you have a UI that calls for these exact tag names in other windows and/or a custom EQUI_Animation file, you will have a problem.

Contact the person whom created your mod to find out what the problem might be. You cant just cut and paste code into another window, it just wont work that way =) Every tag needs to be unique to get around the "my window is broke".

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #8
Velorek
A Treant

Ok, apparently, this is the problem I've been having as well and it's good to finally see it diagnosed. However, it also sounds like quite a bit of work to resolve. :/

I've become fairly adept at XML modification but the one file that scares me is the Animations file. It seems like every time I try to play with that one, it invariably hoses everything up. Most of XML seems like common sense but the posts above from Cairenn and Drakah still confuse me a bit. All I want to accomplish is to remove any duplication so that I can use TKing's latest inventory with Kaori's set, a UI I really like. I'm simply just not sure where to start though.

I'm attaching a zip with 2 files in it. One is the EQUI_Inventory file from TKing's recent G2 set and the other is the EQUI_Animations file from Kaori's v4.11 set. If anyone can take a glance and tell me what to look for, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Vel
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_animations_kaori.zip (13.7 KB, 3 views)
Velorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:54 PM   #9
Velorek
A Treant

After looking through these files AGAIN, it "appears" that Kaori's Inventory (which I did not attach to the zip above) has references to those tube gauges Cairenn mentioned. However, when I go through TKing's Inventory, I don't see those same references. Sooooo....does that mean the Animations file needs to be updated with the gauge info that is in Kaori's Inventory file but not TKing's??

I'm sooo confused!! My head hurts.
Velorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 06:31 AM   #10
Xinen
A Gray Wolf

Okay same problems here. It seems someone really good at editing xml and such will have to go through Kaori mod to fix it to be compatible to g2 Tking inventories. Hopefully Kaori will read fix it soon or maybe another mod creator.
Xinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Old 02-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #12
kitasha
A Gray Wolf

okay this is the error i'm getting with the G2 inventory, trying to get set up for tomorrow's patch.

UIErrorLog created at Sun Feb 23 15:37:11 2003
[Sun Feb 23 15:37:14 2003] [Line:494 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_TubeGaugeLinesFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:910 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_TubeGaugeLinesFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:961 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_TubeGaugeLinesFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:249 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_Inventory.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_InvCharm' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Sun Feb 23 15:37:14 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

okay after following cairenns link and adding that animations file i get the new error of...

UIErrorLog created at Sun Feb 23 15:45:42 2003
[Sun Feb 23 15:45:45 2003] [Line:249 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_Inventory.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_InvCharm' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

any pointers would be appreciated

Last edited by kitasha : 02-23-2003 at 03:44 PM.
kitasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
UIErrorLog created at Sun Feb 23 15:45:42 2003
[Sun Feb 23 15:45:45 2003] [Line:249 Source:UIFiles\test3\EQUI_Inventory.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_InvCharm' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

Update the Animations file using the information in the 4 Feb - UI Changes thread in the Patch Fixes Archive forum.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:13 PM   #14
kitasha
A Gray Wolf

k for some reason after i add that the inventory works fine, but i can't see my mouse pointer. i get no error message though.

found the problem, when i downloaded the animations file above my original post, there was no underscore in between tk and arrow for the cursor part of it

Last edited by kitasha : 02-24-2003 at 01:30 AM.
kitasha is offline   Reply With Quote